Author Topic: Skip/Ban Track button  (Read 9951 times)

antiPOP

I'd love to see something like this form last.fm player. It would be very useful.

ma_t14

Can you elaborate please. A lot of people have not used last.fm player (including myself)

I assume that you want to a button that "bans" tracks from being scrobbled, am I right?

antiPOP

Sorry, I should explain, so.. I'd like to see a button that will ban tracks from being played.

Cymek

Yes a button banning a tracking from being played, in shuffle mode especially. 
Some songs I really dislike amongst my library, I don't want to delete them but don't want to play them either.

Steven

• Administrator
until something more direct is done, in the tag editor Settings tab you can tick "Skip when shuffling" to exclude it from the now playing list when shuffle mode is on

Anti

If this is going to be instigated, couldn't this be in the shuffle settings right-click menu as an option:
Skip tracks which are rated as "no stars"

Steven

• Administrator
i've implemented Ban functionality where Ban is the opposite of Love. If you have a last.fm account, the track is updated with the ban status, and banned tracks are skipped from playback in MB (you can undo the Skip if you want to listen to the track anyway using the existing right click/ untick Skip Track).

To ban tracks, do it the same way you Love tracks but hold the Shift key down when clicking on the "Love" field.
You dont have to have a last.fm account to ban a track - if no last.fm account has been entered, MB will store the ban only in the cache.
Banned tracks are synched automatically if you use the last.fm synching functionality.

Its in the next update

antiPOP

That's great Steven! It's there a button for it, beside love button?

ma_t14

To ban tracks, do it the same way you Love tracks but hold the Shift key down when clicking on the "Love" field.

Those are great news. The only problem I can think of is it won't be instantly apparent for new users that this feature actually exists.

That's great Steven! It's there a button for it, beside love button?

It would be wonderful if when holding shift key and mouseover the "love button" it changes automatically to "ban button", don't you think
Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:07:19 PM by ma_t14

Anti

Does this ban apply to any track in the now playing list, regardless of how the track got into the NP list?
Eg. if AutoDJ or an autoplaylist places a banned track in now playing, will it be skipped?

Also, is there any indication that a track has been banned?

Lastly, to unban tracks and return them to the default, is it necessary to 'love' them and then remove the love tag?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Actually this is quite a smart idea. I  may well find myself using this
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
Does this ban apply to any track in the now playing list, regardless of how the track got into the NP list?
Eg. if AutoDJ or an autoplaylist places a banned track in now playing, will it be skipped?

Also, is there any indication that a track has been banned?

Lastly, to unban tracks and return them to the default, is it necessary to 'love' them and then remove the love tag?
banned tracks are excluded from auto-playlists and the auto-dj
if you have banned tracks in a standard playlist, when added to the now playing list they will be marked as "Skip Track" with a (S) that displays in the left column of the now playing list, and will be skipped
Same if you select files that include banned tracks and Play Now, again they will be marked as "Skip Track"

The Love field will be renamed "Love/Ban" - any banned tracks will be displayed with a ban icon in that field

to unban a track you would just click on the ban icon that would be displayed

Those are great news. The only problem I can think of is it won't be instantly apparent for new users that this feature actually exists.
i agree its not instantly discoverable. What have done is when you move the mouse over the selected track love icon, a message in the status bar will say to hold the SHIFT key down to ban the track

It would be wonderful if when holding shift key and mouseover the "love button" it changes automatically to "ban button", don't you think
thats what it does

ma_t14

Quote from: Steven
thats what it does

You thought about this already. Nice  ;D Thanks You

i agree its not instantly discoverable. What have done is when you move the mouse over the selected track love icon, a message in the status bar will say to hold the SHIFT key down to ban the track

I cant see the message  ::)

antiPOP

Indeed, for the common users, this function isn't noticeable, maybe you could separate both buttons?

ma_t14

No. I meant at the time I could not see the message because it was not implemented yet. Now I feel its all right. The message is clear and should be easy to spot for everybody

I honestly would not like 2 separate buttons  :-\