Author Topic: permanently deleting files in autoplaylists too  (Read 7175 times)

Adson

-- However if you would like to have the functionaity to permanently delete the file, could you add this to the wishlist --

Hi Steven,

here I am. A short explanation why this is IMHO useful: I tag all songs that I don't like with 1 star. Then I have an autoplaylist which shows only songs with 1 star.
In this way I can get rid of all unwanted songs in a convenient way.
Another example is an autoplaylist which contains all songs from one artist. If I find duplicates in this playlist I like to have the possibility to delete them permanently.

I think the best way is to let the user decide if he or she wants to remove the song from the playlist or delete it permanently.

A.

Lickwid

Steven

• Administrator
shift-del is already implemented for anywhere but playlists

Adson, you would only be able to permanently delete the file when deleting from an auto-playlist as the files in an auto-playlist are included by a filter criteria

Adson

Adson, you would only be able to permanently delete the file when deleting from an auto-playlist as the files in an auto-playlist are included by a filter criteria

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. My simple idea was that I can delete every file which is shown in a playlist or in other lists in MB. I am aware the difference between removing from a list and physically deleting a file. My wish was to have both options.

A.

thegreyspot

I wanted to +1 this feature too.

This feature already exist. (I can click the delete button in a autoplaylist and remove the file from playlist and computer). It would just be nice to have in the right click menu and not so hidden.

I dont see why not :/

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
it should be in the right click menu for auto-playlists - that was added a couple of releases ago

boroda

Steven, where can I see the list of deleted from auto-playlist files? I saw the appropriate strings in translation file, but cannot see them in UI.

Steven

• Administrator
is the same command as removing files from normal playlists - right click/ Remove

ma_t14

Steven, where can I see the list of deleted from auto-playlist files? I saw the appropriate strings in translation file, but cannot see them in UI.

Just edit the autoplaylist. There's a button there called "Exceptions"

EDIT

But as far as I know you cannot actually remove a specific fils from the computer unless you delete the whole playlist
Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:30:38 PM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
when you remove a file from a playlist or auto-playlist you are prompted to remove it from the playlist only or from the computer, unless you ticked 'do not ask again' in which case it will only remove the (auto)playlist without prompt
to renable the prompt, you can edit the Confirmation settings in the main preferences panel

ma_t14

when you remove a file from a playlist or auto-playlist you are prompted to remove it from the playlist only or from the computer, unless you ticked 'do not ask again' in which case it will only remove the (auto)playlist without prompt
to renable the prompt, you can edit the Confirmation settings in the main preferences panel

I had the option ticked and it wouldn't prompt me with that option. After unticking and ticking again it works. Any idea what might have caused this?

Anti

> This feature already exist. (I can click the delete button in a autoplaylist and remove the file
> from playlist and computer). It would just be nice to have in the right click menu and not so hidden.

Sorry, but I like the current dialogue - it's clear, consistent and safe.
Also, the original request is being made from an inappropriate use of auto-playlists - a custom search
or library filter is much more appropriate I would have thought.

So -1 for this request from my perspective.

ma_t14

I dont really see the point of resurrecting this really old thread.

The functionality requested is already available!!!

thegreyspot

Steven

• Administrator
you might also check the Confirmations setting in the main preferences panel. If you disabled the prompt in the past you would need to re-enable it to see the options