Author Topic: Moving Library deletes ratings?  (Read 143 times)

krissasaur

I just lost a bunch of my ratings because I am reorganizing my files. Is there a way to save the ratings to the tags? Or a way to not lose the ratings?

And anyway to get back the 20k files I just lost ratings for?? 😭

Locating missing files doesn't work well automatically/would take too much time.

EDIT: Also I have this checked:

But when I inspect the tags in mp3tag I do not see any ratings stored. I know they got stored before... but maybe that was when I still used winamp. :/
Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 03:46:02 AM by krissasaur

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I just lost a bunch of my ratings because I am reorganizing my files.
Locating missing files doesn't work well automatically/would take too much time.
As I read the first sentence, I had a good guess that you must have moved or reorganized your files outside of MusicBee (which the second line confirms).
Doing so didn't only make you lose access to ratings stored in the library, it also took away your play counts, dates created/added etc, and all other library-related data.

If files are moved outside of MusicBee, there is no way it can know where they have been moved to.
Which is where Locate Missing files comes in handy (it's actually the only way to preserve the above data), but you say:

Elaborate on how it doesn't work well automatically? From my experience, it can scan a folder and its subfolders to auto-match the missing filenames.

Question: Is there a way to save the ratings to the tags?

Solution:
Rate a track with the above setting enabled and you should see the rating tags in MusicBee's Tag Inspector.
The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons