Author Topic: No edit popup, can't edit metadata  (Read 358 times)

rousseau2000

Suddenly there's no popup when I right-click on a track to edit the metadata. Just started happening yesterday. I didn't do anything to the program behind the scenes, was just using it normally.

Any idea how to get that back? I can't insert metadata for new files now.

phred

• Global Moderator
All tracks, or just specific ones? If the later, all the time? If any of these make sure the files aren't marked 'read only.'

If none of the above, exit MB, restart your PC, and try again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

rousseau2000

All tracks, or just specific ones? If the later, all the time? If any of these make sure the files aren't marked 'read only.'

If none of the above, exit MB, restart your PC, and try again.
All tracks all the time. No tracks are marked read only. Everything worked fine up until yesterday. Nothing happened to my PC.

I've restarted my PC several times since this started happening. No help. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

tjinc

Try opening the Edit window using the keyboard (SHIFT + ENTER) on a selected track
Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:02:11 PM by tjinc

phred

• Global Moderator
Should I uninstall and reinstall?
Not yet.

First try what tjinc said. If that fails, what version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER.
What's the full path to your MB installaion files?
What's the full path to your music files?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

rousseau2000

Try opening the Edit window using the keyboard (SHIFT + ENTER) on a selected track
Nope, that doesn't work.

Should I uninstall and reinstall?
Not yet.

First try what tjinc said. If that fails, what version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER.
What's the full path to your MB installaion files?
What's the full path to your music files?
Version: 3.5.8698 (no letter after the number)
Path to MB files: C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee
Path to music files: C:\Users\User\Documents\music

Steven

• Administrator
if you have multiple screens run at different dpi resolutions, and change the resolution of the screen the tag editor was open, it can cause the tag editor to go off screen. If thats the case try setting the dpi scale back to how it was before
otherwise delete "DialogStateSettings.dat" in the musicbee application data folder

rousseau2000

if you have multiple screens run at different dpi resolutions, and change the resolution of the screen the tag editor was open, it can cause the tag editor to go off screen. If thats the case try setting the dpi scale back to how it was before
otherwise delete "DialogStateSettings.dat" in the musicbee application data folder
Hey, awesome, deleting that file worked. Thanks! I have two screens, but I haven't made any changes to my computer setup in a long time, so I can't really fathom why this would have happened.

(For reference of anyone finding this in the future: the file you want is in the MusicBee folder under Roaming. On my PC it is located at C: > Users > User > AppData > Roaming > MusicBee).

CP1919

I'm had the same issue, deleting DialogStateSettings.dat has solved it in the main Music/Library tab, but the error persists in Recently Added and Now Playing.

I'm wondering if this is related? If I try to rate a track I get an error popup: "Error - No selected files"