Author Topic: (on startup Library check) add scan progress in status bar + Abort button  (Read 100 times)

darkred

Currently, if you have "on startup check for updated or missing files" enabled in Preferences | Library, there is no progress indicator in the status bar during the scan on startup and no way to manually cancel the scan.

That's why I would like to suggest to:
- display the scan progress in the status bar (bottom left, as it is displayed when pressing "File | Scan Folders For New Files" or Insert - see screenshot 1).
- provide an Abort button next to the progress indicator in the status bar (like the X button in screenshot 1 -which immediately aborts the scan-  with the confirmation dialog (screenshot 2) when pressing "Cancel" in the former, "Scan Folders For New Files", dialog).

I personally have ~1.4TB of music files (~100,000 files) on one hard drive and this scan process takes 3.5 mins at first MB launch startup and 2.5 mins on subsequent ones.
Of course I always want to have "on startup check for updated or missing files"  enabled,  it's just that I often need to close and restart MB within a short interval where I'm sure there are no updated or missing files in library, so I want to abort the scan in such cases.

Screenshots:
1. when pressing "File | Scan Folders For New Files" or Insert key:

2. when pressing "Cancel" in the former, "Scan Folders For New Files", dialog:

Using latest MB beta 3.6.8899 on win 11.

Thank you
Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 11:57:38 PM by darkred