Author Topic: Casting MB files to B&O Beosound A5 through WIFI (Lost'n confused MB User)  (Read 131 times)

GroovyFred

Hello,

I have tried to read and understand what it seem to be all the threads related to MB from PC to Chromecast enabled Speakers but I'm still stuck at understanding precisely how to stream my MB library from my Windows 11Pro PC to my Bang & Olufsen Beosound A5 via my WIFI network.
For now I use BT connection but sound quality isn't great as somehow "flatenned", full of glitches, interferences & unstably paired.

INFO --> The B&O  Beosound A5 come with preloaded Airplay & Chromecast as labelled on the brochure/box.

A nice tech rep from Google store tried to teach me a workaround which was to install from the App store a Musibee app that was/is supposed to read my Musicbee library through my Router in my PC and then cast my files using the enabled Airplay or Chromecast protocol installed in my Iphone.
But so far I was unable to make this Musicbee app read any of my files from my Musicbee library even after manually entering my IP adress in the MB iphone app.

As of now I'M quite STUCK in the MUD
I need tips

Thanks in advance
My name is Fred
Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:02:49 AM by GroovyFred

GroovyFred

With B&O sales rep we figured a way for Musicbee to detect my Beosound Speakers through WIFI but getting the ERROR message from MB posted below

Any idea what it mean ?  :o

MusicBee v3.5.8698.34385D  (Win10.0), 11 May 2024 10:52:

System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
   at GoogleCast.TaskExtensions.<TimeoutAfter>d__0`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at GoogleCast.Sender.<SendAsync>d__62`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at GoogleCast.Channels.Channel.<SendAsync>d__12`1.MoveNext()
   at GoogleCast.Channels.ReceiverChannel.<LaunchAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
   at GoogleCast.Sender.<LaunchAsync>d__60.MoveNext()
   at GoogleCast.Sender.<LaunchAsync>d__59.MoveNext()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ChromecastPanel.<MyButtonHandler>d__14.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)