Author Topic: CD Burning / Ripping  (Read 296 times)

jasongnome

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
I have a weird one. CDs that I have burned using MusicBee.

They play OK in my DVD player and in external CD players, but when using them on the PC something odd happens.

MusicBee tells me the files are corrupted and won't play or rip them. (Putting the CD in the drive results in the rip widow opening but with no files, if I open an E;/ tab (the drive for my CD player) it shows the files in the left panel but says they're corrupted if I try to play them.)

 VLC freezes for a bit then shuts down if I try to play or rip them there. 

However, Windows Media Player Legacy works with them fine, and is quite happy to rip them back to the hard drive. MusicBee will play the newly ripped files with no problem.

Anyone know why this is?



phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9447
Are you burning it as a data CD or an audio CD?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here


phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9447
Please post a screenshot of the settings you're using to RIP the audio CD.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jasongnome

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
That's not relevant, I can't get as far as anything that needs ripping settings. It won't even PLAY the CDs.

These are CDs I burned using MusicBee to an ordinary CDR Audio disc to play on a normal CD or DVD player.

They play fine on my DVD player, and on portable and hi-fi CD players, however, MusicBee won't recongnise them at all, it recognises the disc as an audio CD, but says the files are corrupted. Even if I just try to play them. Not just MusicBee either, VLC does the same. This happens on every CD that I have burned with MusicBee, using any version of MusicBee.

The audio files are clearly OK because the legacy version of Windows Media Player plays them fine. The only thing I can think of is if there was some for of copy protection in use, that the legacy version of Media Player is too old to recognise.

As a control I have tried using bought audio CDs, and CDRs that I burned years ago using a hifi CD burner and some old CDRs that I burned using much older software in the early 2000s, MusicBee recognises all of these with no problem. So it clearly isn't a hardware issue or a general MusicBee settings problem.