Author Topic: Best Portable Music Player for MusicBee ?  (Read 9340 times)

cburkins

Looking for the best portable music player to buy to sync up with MusicBee.   So, if starting my scratch (and ignoring my iPhone collection), what's the best device to buy ?  Since this is dedicated to music, I'm going to limit myself to $100.

-Chad

Anti

I've bought several at 100 - 130$ and have always been disappointed.
If you really enjoy music and have a pair of 150$ headphones, at the
moment I would recommend a Cowon J3 for about 180$. Of course,
you have to do your own research and due diligence.

ma_t14

Looking for the best portable music player to buy to sync up with MusicBee.   So, if starting my scratch (and ignoring my iPhone collection), what's the best device to buy ?  Since this is dedicated to music, I'm going to limit myself to $100.

-Chad

If all you really want is music playback for that price you can get a Sandisk Sansa Clip+ plus a 16gb microsd card. You just can't beat that little fellow for the money. Audiophiles swear by its sound quality and it is rockbox supported which is a definite plus.

That is what I use and I am extremely satisfied. As a plus it works nicely with MusicBee.

beeing good

I have a Sansa Clip 8gb and although I could do with bigger, I have no complaints with it at all. It cost me about £40 a few years ago and I've been very happy with it. I just Rockboxed it and it's amazing, can't believe I didn't do it before.

It works perfectly with MB. I never used to use a media player to sync it until I got MB but it just works so well with it.

On a side note, although I can only have a fraction of my collection on my Clip, I actually quite like the limitation, it makes me put just the tracks I love on it.

Cymek

I have an Archos 70 250 gig and it's excellent for using as a portable music player, the large hard drive means you can have a recently decent sized library on the go.  You can scrobble tracks either cached and uploaded when you have a wifi connection or do it directly when connected to the net.  About the only bad point and its not that bad anyway is the Android standard music player and any third party music player isn't as good as Musicbee, nothing yet with a decent equaliser that doesn't skip

cartman005

I sync my library to my 32GB microSD card and plug it into my Android phone. I have over 4000 songs on it now and my phone the default Android music app manages them well.

As my library is larger than 32GB, I keep an Auto-Playlist that selects a certain my most often played songs to sync. Works great.

donjulien

I have an Archos 70 250 gig and it's excellent for using as a portable music player, the large hard drive means you can have a recently decent sized library on the go.  You can scrobble tracks either cached and uploaded when you have a wifi connection or do it directly when connected to the net.  About the only bad point and its not that bad anyway is the Android standard music player and any third party music player isn't as good as Musicbee, nothing yet with a decent equaliser that doesn't skip

An Archos 70 is WAY more than a mere music player; it's an Android tablet, and a very interesting one. Of course, it costs more than $100; around US$260. I use PowerAMP as my music player on my Android phone and it is more than decent. The EQ does a good job.

gwilso3

I'd like to renew this thread.  Certainly there are some better players out there now.  Samsung Android phones no longer provide sd card slots to expand momory.  I'd like to find a good music player that synchs well with Musicbee.  Don't want to spend a ton.

phred

• Global Moderator
Searching the forum is a wonderful thing
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26726.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Locking this thread so we don't have replies all over the place.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here