Author Topic: Playlist Autoremove option.  (Read 370 times)

aktor

I would appreciate an option for playlists that removes a track from playlist after it is played.

voodoopunk

You need an auto playlist that has "Play count is 0".

Does exactly what you asked for.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
You need an auto playlist that has "Play count is 0".
That would work for new songs, but let's assume we've got older ones with existing play counts in the mix.
How would we weed them out in that case after they've been played?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

aktor

I am replacing flac files and every album I replace I add to playlist for checking. I would like that the files I listen are automatically removed from playlist.

boroda

@aktor, not exactly what you asked, but maybe just add the entire playlist and only this playlist to the now playing queue? it's much easier to control tracks in now playing queue.

hiccup

Auto-playlists work with rules and conditions.

How would you describe the conditions that you are looking for exactly?
You will need to be preciseā€¦

Then perhaps something could be done in combination with the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin, but right now I don't have good suggestions on how that would work exactly.

edit:
This should probably be moved to 'Questions', it's not really a valid wishlist request. (in my opinion)
Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 05:29:57 PM by hiccup

aktor

It is not auto playlist. It "normal" Playlist to which  I manual add albums as i replace the files.

boroda

@aktor, why you don't manually delete 1st track after listening?

BoringName

I'd assume changing the file format would change the modified date.
If you setup an auto playlist with the following rules it might work.

So lets say you started changing formats on the 25/04/2024
set the following conditions and have it set to match "all"
Modified date "is after" 24/04/2024
Last Played "is before" 25/04/2024

Any songs you have modified since 25/04/2024 and have a last played date before 25/04/2024 will be automatically added to the playlist.
Once you play the song the last played date will no longer be before 25/04/2024 and the song will drop off the playlist.

If the song has never been played it will still be included.

One issue is it will include songs where you may have just changed a tag and not the file format.

aktor

@aktor, why you don't manually delete 1st track after listening?

I do. But it would be fantastic if MB would have an option to delete it automatically.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
What are your comments on BoringName's suggestion?

One issue is it will include songs where you may have just changed a tag and not the file format.
This can be avoided by setting up the autoPlaylist's source files to point to aktor's staticPlaylist rather than the whole library.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

aktor

I'd assume changing the file format would change the modified date.
If you setup an auto playlist with the following rules it might work.

So lets say you started changing formats on the 25/04/2024
set the following conditions and have it set to match "all"
Modified date "is after" 24/04/2024
Last Played "is before" 25/04/2024

Any songs you have modified since 25/04/2024 and have a last played date before 25/04/2024 will be automatically added to the playlist.
Once you play the song the last played date will no longer be before 25/04/2024 and the song will drop off the playlist.

If the song has never been played it will still be included.

It could work if it is possible to construct a formula were date modified is after x and date added is not the same as date modified.Then add to autoplaylist.