Author Topic: Error attampting to reconnect file path  (Read 183 times)

iremia

I am in the process of moving my library - I copied the directory to the new location. Opened  the new location in Musicbee. The library opened but  all of the entries point to the old file location. When I ran Relink Music File path I received the error message below.

I have Musicbee 3.4.8223, on Windows 11. Files are on a NAS

Kind regards
Alan

MusicBee v3.4.8233.17141D  (Win10.0), 20 Apr 2024 11:15:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at #=zuVdRuOOkWWR_kLYl0qew3kE=.#=zG0SuwdvKSAa$(List`1 #=zAR5tIdd8u980, #=zWTy$5IvJaOtxTxmnS5AR3PSc5t4S #=zw4Ly1iY=)
   at #=zysSXwCn8KM40bPVVhcLhO3TGtxLcTfWsJg==.#=zG0SuwdvKSAa$()
   at #=zysSXwCn8KM40bPVVhcLhO3TGtxLcTfWsJg==..ctor()
   at #=zWqytChtF0jp9LBhXyJDiLVLJe2KL.#=z5_yxEePT0IuD.#=zazxcpOrp8qmY89d$yg==(Object #=z7avGUzw=, EventArgs #=zw02fw_4=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator

sveakul

I am in the process of moving my library - I copied the directory to the new location. Opened  the new location in Musicbee. The library opened but  all of the entries point to the old file location. When I ran Relink Music File path I received the error message below.

I have Musicbee 3.4.8223, on Windows 11. Files are on a NAS
By "copied the directory to the new location", did you do this from within MusicBee using the Prefs/Library/"Move Library" button, or by doing a folder copy using Windows File Explorer?  The latter would produce this kind of trouble.  Also, you should update your MusicBee to the latest 3.5.x version from the official download site.

iremia

I used Windows File Explorer - Not again! - Hope I never have to move again
I installed the latest version - No change
I installed the patch - The dialogue opened without error and I was able to make the changes
Thank you for your help
Kind regards