Author Topic: Replaygain  (Read 8291 times)

9cupsoftea

I know musicbee has replaygain already, but to be really honest I've noticed on all settings that there are still noticeable changes in volume album-to-album. It would also be really cool to be able to scan and write replaygain data to tracks for when they're synced to an mp3 player.

Steven

• Administrator
If you have MB set to smart gain (the default) it will use album gain which allows variation between tracks in an album but tries to keep albums the same overall. But if some of the tracks are missing the album gain value it will use the track gain value so you would possibly notice more of a jump on between the track that had album gain and the next that only had track gain and vice/versa.
You can display the album gain as a field in the main panel to check if any are missing.

When synching MP3 files there is already a device setting to "level volume" on the device settings panel

9cupsoftea

I don't know if I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but apart from selecting level volume when ripping cds, is there anyway to scan my library and apply replay gain data? Is musicbee capable of doing this like foobar does? I would use foobar but on this old laptop its replaygain scan overheats my computer in seconds.

I had most of my library before I started using musicbee, as well as having a lot of recordings I and my friends have made which have insanely different volume levels.

Edit: Just realised there's another topic asking exactly the same thing which you've answered! Nevermind
Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:29:59 PM by 9cupsoftea