Author Topic: Bass error unknown  (Read 422 times)

kill3rkirk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Hey I just recently got this error after installing windows 11. After extensively looking up solutions on this issue on both here and the subreddit, I'm at a loss for trying to fix this. I've tried excluding both the bass.dll file and Musicbee folder from security, reinstalling both my audio driver and Musicbee, changing the settings in "player" for output and sound device. I, also, recently got a new pair of headphones that required a DAC USB driver and reinstalled both the driver and the included control panel for it. It doesn't affect all my songs, just some of them.

frankz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3876
Hey I just recently got this error after installing windows 11.
You need to copy the entire error from the error file (Help->Support->View Error Log) and paste it here.
It doesn't affect all my songs, just some of them.
What differences exists between the songs it affects and the songs it does not?

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34356
also perhaps send a link to one of the problem files

kill3rkirk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Unless the location of errorlog.dat changed, it's not in the appdata/roaming/musicbee folder. As for the songs that aren't affected, they just play normally



frankz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3876
Unless the location of errorlog.dat changed, it's not in the appdata/roaming/musicbee folder.
Again, Help->Support->View Error Log
As for the songs that aren't affected, they just play normally
I asked what was different about the files, not what was different about the result.  I understand that files which are exhibiting no problems exhibit no problems.

sveakul

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2469
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bda7yc45deznksdkewub2/All-You-Need-Is-Love-Remastered-2015.mp3?rlkey=fj7vf1slztvmo0xme23zc82zi&dl=0
Another player gives the message "Decoder was not found for this format."  MediaInfo shows NOTHING for content.  Running it through Mp3val produces:

 WARNING: "C:\Users\\Downloads\All You Need Is Love (Remastered 2015).mp3" (offset 0x80a): Garbage at the endof the file
WARNING: "C:\Users\\Downloads\All You Need Is Love (Remastered 2015).mp3": Too few MPEG frames (it's unlikely that this is a MPEG audio file)
INFO: "C:\Users\\Downloads\All You Need Is Love (Remastered 2015).mp3": No MPEG frames, +ID3v1+ID3v2, CBR

Attempting a rebuild with Mp3val produced an unplayable 2.13kb file.  Hiccup, try it with Mp3Diags?


hiccup

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 7878
Hiccup, try it with Mp3Diags?
Yes sir!

Weird, it plays without issues for me.

But the file does have technical issues according to MP3Diags:


#1 will be the main issue.
#2 and #4 can be fixed by MP3Diags, #1 not.
 

Bee-liever

  • Member
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3833
  • MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

kill3rkirk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Forgot to come back here but I fixed the issue by going into Audacity, cherry picking all the songs that got the error, and exported the songs as an mp3. I think it might have something to do with Onedrive trying to import some of the songs from the cloud into Musicbee's library. I stopped it before it got too far and it ended up affecting about 30 or so songs.