Author Topic: Custom Navigation Tab  (Read 216 times)

olazzzzz

Hi everyone,

I feel this is a newbie question, but I couldn't find it in the forum so it here goes.
I would like to create a tab to sit next to the "Inbox", "History" and "Now Playing Tabs" to be named "Future Listening".
The purpose would be for me to mark the albums I want to listen to, which would only remain in the list until they were listened once.
Can this be achieved, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Zak

• Global Moderator
You could create a static playlist called "Future Listening (Source)".
To "mark" albums for playing later, just add them to this playlist.

To play the albums from this playlist, create a second auto-playlist called "Future Listening".
Set the source to be the static Source playlist.
Add a single rule to only include tracks where Last Played equals nothing.
(Note you have to add the rule this way - setting Last Played to has no value doesn't seem to work)

Then you can display the auto-playlist in a separate tab.
As you play tracks, the Last Played value will get set and tracks will then no longer appear in the list.
You could clean out the Source playlist occasionally if you wanted to.
Bee excellent to each other...

olazzzzz

Thanks Zak!
That's a great sollution, the only downside I see is the creation of a playlist (the source) which does not serve any real purpose.
Is there perhaps a way to hide the playlist from viewing? I wanted to keep the playlist viewer as clean as possible, I wouldn't mind hidding both playlists actually, and just having the tab opened.

Thanks again!

Zak

• Global Moderator
That's a great sollution, the only downside I see is the creation of a playlist (the source) which does not serve any real purpose.
Is there perhaps a way to hide the playlist from viewing?
I'm afraid not.
The best I can suggest is tucking them away in a subfolder so they only take up one spot instead of two.  :-X
Bee excellent to each other...

The Incredible Boom Boom

Wouldn't creating a tab with a filter of "Last Played is 'nothing'" resolve this without the need for playlists?