Author Topic: 64-bit MusicBee [Imaginary or Reality?]  (Read 656 times)

CaptainMacTavish

I do not understand why this does not already exist in 2024 ???
is it that hard to convert MuscBee into 64-bit?
And will there ever even be a 64-bit MusicBee in the future?
This would allow users to use 64-bit plugins on this software.
USS CONSTITUTION/USS CONSTELLATION

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I am anticipating on that this could very well come up as a specific wish in the future...
hiccup just might be a time traveller.

And will there ever even be a 64-bit MusicBee in the future?
what do you believe the benefits are for a 64-bit version of MusicBee?
@CaptainMacTavish
Maybe...maybe not. Perhaps providing answers to Steven's quoted question from another thread -may- help build your case?

This would allow users to use 64-bit plugins on this software.
Do we have examples of such plugins that are currently hindered by MusicBee's 32-bit preference?
Providing specifics -may- help garner support from fellow forum members (keeping in mind that "support" won't automatically equate to "wish granted").
The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

boroda

Do we have examples of such plugins that are currently hindered by MusicBee's 32-bit preference?

i think the OP means some (and even most last years) VST plugins.

BUT!

on one hand: support for 64-bit VST plugins theoretically can be added to 32-bit MB version.

on the other hand: MB anyway will be compiled as 64-bit app sooner or later.

on the third hand ( ;D ): there are many 32-bit native plugins for MB, which source code is unavailable.

P.S. i believe that the best solution would be to have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of MB during some time. MB is written in VB.NET; .NET allows recompilation to desired architecture by simply choosing an item from a dropdown list. but MB also has win32 external dll dependencies, and i'm not sure if it's so easy to switch their versions too.
Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 11:21:40 AM by boroda