Author Topic: crashing when scanning for new files  (Read 177 times)

LazyPopcornn

get a error message when i try to scan for new music

MusicBee v3.5.8698.34385D  (Win10.0), 29 Feb 2024 20:54:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AlbumTextures.ThreadAlbumTexture()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

sveakul

Please describe the exact steps you are taking to "scan for new music."

LazyPopcornn

i click on the drop down menu next to music bee and then go to file and click on scan folders for new music files

sveakul

i click on the drop down menu next to music bee and then go to file and click on scan folders for new music files
..and then, a window dialog "Scan Folders for New Files" should appear, asking you which folders to check, include (or not) other types of files, and asking you where you want the new files to go.  What selections do you make there?

It would also help to see a screenshot of your Preferences/Library settings.

LazyPopcornn

..and then, a window dialog "Scan Folders for New Files" should appear, asking you which folders to check, include (or not) other types of files, and asking you where you want the new files to go.  What selections do you make there?

It would also help to see a screenshot of your Preferences/Library settings.

Steven

• Administrator
the error from above relates to the AlbumTextures plugin. You might need to disable it

LazyPopcornn

the error from above relates to the AlbumTextures plugin. You might need to disable it
thanks it fixed it