Author Topic: Music explorer sorted by genre often resets to the top of the list  (Read 235 times)

eobet

I'm testing this music player out and it's interesting to use the default layout because you experience familiar music in a new way.

So, I'm using the Music Explorer tab, and have set it to Genre in the drop down list.

However, when I'm scrolling down and selecting a genre, and then double clicking to selecting some music (which apparently drills down and switches the main screen in a way that's also confusing which I haven't figured out yet), sometimes editing the meta data of the track... often this resets that left genre column, removes the selection and shifts me to the top so I have to remember where I was and scroll down again.

Unfortunately, it seems rather random at the moment and I haven't found a pattern to why this happens. However, I'm not sure how that list is implemented, but I'd never, ever want that list to ever reset me to the top. If there is a selection, and say, that genre disappears, I'd only ever always want to move one row up or down and keep the scroll position where it was.

eobet

I found one reproducible case:

Find a genre with several album cover thumbnails in. Double click on the thumbnail.

The left genre column has now lost its selection and jumped back to the top.  :'(

eobet

Today, I swear I didn't do anything, I just alt-tabbed back to MusicBee after a few songs had been played, at the left column was again reset to the top and had lost its selection (also, the main center area was on a completely different view than I had left it off as well, which was even more disorienting, and hitting the "back" arrow took me to a place I haven't visited today).

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce this so could you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

eobet

i am not able to reproduce this so could you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Here's a link to the settings file:

https://pastebin.com/FuHgzsiY

But I was finally told how to switch the player from album focus to track focus, so I'm only using those tabs now fully locked and I'm quite happy! The music explorer tab was the only one which apparently was this jumpy.