Author Topic: How replace existing same song in playlist with other folder location?  (Read 165 times)

clsven

Assume I have setup in the past a (large) mp3 playlist.

Now I move one of the *.mp3 files which is linked in this playlist to another folder.
Everything else remains (filename, rating).

Now I want to add this song to the playlist AND REPLACE EXISTING PREVIOUS song entry.

When I simply drag the file from new folder to playlist MusicBee pops up a reminder "Duplicate track detected - Do you want to add the track"
I miss an button "replace". Is there another way to add AND REPLACE duplicate existing?

Having to add the new song and search the old one among 500 tracks is annoying and user unfriendly.and unnecessary
Furthermore the manual setup position in playlist order is lost as well as the original "Date Added"

Maybe this button can be introduced in next release?

phred

• Global Moderator
Other than deleting/removing the current file from the playlist and then adding the new one to it, there is no other way that I can think of the do what you're asking.

As far as your suggestion to "replace" you should post the request in the Wishlist section for possible consideration.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tjinc

Assume I have setup in the past a (large) mp3 playlist.

Now I move one of the *.mp3 files which is linked in this playlist to another folder.
Everything else remains (filename, rating).

Now I want to add this song to the playlist AND REPLACE EXISTING PREVIOUS song entry
I am assuming that you are moving this file outside of MusicBee.

Your best solution to this issue is to use MusicBee to move the file - the playlist link will be maintained including playlist position and other metadata - and you will have nothing else to do.
You can either:
1. Use the 'Computer Node' (a bit like using Windows Explorer)
or
2. Use the tool: right click on track > Send To > Folder (Move) > Move Files to Folder
Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 06:56:17 PM by tjinc