Author Topic: when I edit CD info, havoc!  (Read 238 times)

JHaas1

Hi - here's what's happening. I've recently switched to MB, which I otherwise like a lot, and have been editing info, adding cd artwork, etc., using the edit box. In many cases (I imported hundreds of CDs), when I open the edit box to make changes, the following occurs, as seen in the three screenshots below:

In the first image, I've left-clicked on the title of the album, to check the contents / songs.

In the second image, I've right-clicked on the title to access the edit box. As you can see, a red exclamation mark appears at the bottom of the box.

In the third image, I've left-clicked once again on the title of the cd, and the entire contents are now preceded by an exclamation mark.  The music is now inaccessible, gone, irretreivable.

I have no idea how to proceed at this point, and would greatly appreciate guidance and assistance. Thanks much.

https://imgur.com/a/Q1zxUyp

sveakul

The second image proceeding downwards has no red exclamation mark on it.

The third image has a red exclamation mark at the bottom by the Save button, not "preceding" anything.

By saying that "The music is now inaccessible, gone, irretreivable" do you mean MusicBee physically deleted all the files, or they are just missing from your library view?

phred

• Global Moderator
In your text you mixed up number two and number three. Two refers to the third image and three refers to the second.

Hover your cursor over the exclamation black marks and tell us what it says.
Now do the same for the red exclamation mark.

I'm guessing you did something to move or remove the album from where MB thinks it should be.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

JHaas1

Phred,
Thanks for  your timely response!

I hovered and noted in following screenshots what appeared.  Look forward to seeing what you suggest.
Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/evg7pOy

phred

• Global Moderator
Your recent screenshots confirm what I said ... you did something to move/remove the files from where MB thinks they are. So the question becomes, what did you do while you were editing the tags? That's not an accusation, but MB doesn't delete or move files unless it is told to. Intentionally or accidentally.

How did you get the files into MB?
What was the path to the file's location?
It appears, according to the second screenshot, that MB is expecting the file(s) to be on your E: drive in an iTunes directory. Check that location to confirm that it's not there.
I wouldn't think you have auto-organize enabled because if you did, MB would know where the files are. I think you did something outside of MB.
Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:16:16 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here