Author Topic: Album Rating can also be calculated with unrated songs?  (Read 159 times)

barcewillian

First of all, Steven: thank you very much! This is absolutely brilliant and works perfectly!

I use the "No stars" rating for songs that really aren't "songs", for example "Intro", "Outro", commentary tracks, interludes, sound effects and so on. Because of this I can work through a list of everything that needs to be rated in the library without giving these type of songs a rating. Therefore, would it be possible to add the option to not weigh in songs with "No stars" in the album average rating?
Good request...

its in this version, set in the Tags(1) preferences

So I have another request which is kind of, in a way, the opposite of the request posted by paq: I'd love to see the option to count "not yet rated tracks" as "0", towards the "Album rating". Maybe another check-box? :)

+1000 I want this too to calculate the Album Rating T_T

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I'd love to see the option to count "not yet rated tracks" as "0", towards the "Album rating". Maybe another check-box? :)
You should have posted this under the wishlist section of the forum because it sounds like one.
And if we are voting, it's an unenthusiastic -1 from me. We should aim to keep things as simple and logical as possible.

A rating average should only apply to rated tracks (an unrated track does not form part of that criterion).
A "better" solution would be to create an autoplaylist with your unrated tracks, and then simply set them a zero rating for them.
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

barcewillian

I'd love to see the option to count "not yet rated tracks" as "0", towards the "Album rating". Maybe another check-box? :)
You should have posted this under the wishlist section of the forum because it sounds like one.
And if we are voting, it's an unenthusiastic -1 from me. We should aim to keep things as simple and logical as possible.

A rating average should only apply to rated tracks (an unrated track does not form part of that criterion).
A "better" solution would be to create an autoplaylist with your unrated tracks, and then simply set them a zero rating for them.
Ok man, thank you... I'll take a wish thanks to you.