Author Topic: Creating "Appears On" as a Virtual Tag in Music Library  (Read 202 times)

xJohnny95

Simple question: I want to make the "Appears On" in the virtual tag so I can have it in my album view. I know I could simply use Music Explorer, but the header uses a lot of space.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, my English is sucking today.

purplebee

You mean you want to implement an "Appears On" group in a Covers view, right? I've also wanted to do so but have no idea where to start, as it would need a dynamic tag depending on the artists that's being displayed. Keeping an eye on this thread.

tjinc

I cannot see that this is possible at present
I agree with purplebee here - I think you would need to have access to a field containing the data selected in the Thumbnail browser.

This might make an interesting wish list item but obviously I have no idea how hard it might be to implement.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
This is impossible to achieve with Virtual Tags or any other view besides the Music Explorer.

The Music Explorer has been designed in such a way that it allows MusicBee to view the whole library from one artist's point of view.
All the other tabs or layouts view the library as one single collection - meaning that the same track within one view cannot appear under different groups (artists in your case).

I agree with purplebee here - I think you would need to have access to a field containing the data selected in the Thumbnail browser.
Curious to know what difference this field would make, given the existing restriction of the other views that I mentioned above.
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack