Author Topic: Musicbee Occassionally Skips Current Playing Song On It's Own  (Read 424 times)

OnlineAppearance

Every now and then, whenever I am playing a song, Mb would just skip the song for no reason.

I have quite a few plugins loaded on my Mb, but the most likely plugin would have introduced this would be 'Windows 10 Media Control Overlay' but when I deleted it, the problem still persisted.

I even reinstalled my musicbee -though i copied a bunch of files back and loaded my settings- and still nothing changed.

I have also observed that whenever it happens, it doesn't trigger my crossfade (maybe that could help identify the issue idk)

I have probably not given enough information, but I'm just hoping for someone to respond and help me with this because it tends to get very annoying.

Steven

• Administrator
assuming you havent ticked skip when shuffling for the track(s) in question, or right click/Skip Track, MB will skip a track if it cant open the file for any reason eg. its not at the expected location. I am not aware of anyone ever reporting MB randomly skips tracks by itself.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Every now and then, whenever I am playing a song, Mb would just skip the song for no reason.
I have quite a few plugins loaded on my Mb...
How would you have initiated playback when it happens? Do you double-click on a song and MB just skips it without playing a second of it?
Or do you notice the skip when one song has finished playing and the next in queue gets skipped? (this would be in line with the setting Steven mentioned).

And I'm assuming it didn't always happen. Did you update MB versions inbetween? Can you post a screenshot of all your plugins?
Also, if the behaviour is repeatable (which doesn't sound like it), then try disabling all the downloaded plugins.
Exit MB, restart it, and then enable your plugins one at a time until you pinpoint the culprit.

Edit:
I just realized the subject line refers to the current playing song. So it is skipped whilst playing?
Does it always happen on the same minute-mark? A screenshot of your crossfade settings as well, please.
Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:49:42 AM by Mayibongwe
The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

hiccup

I have quite a few plugins loaded on my Mb, but the most likely plugin would have introduced this would be 'Windows 10 Media Control Overlay' but when I deleted it, the problem still persisted.
You don't say if you have tried this without any plugin installed?

e.g. the UPnP/DLNA plugin has been known for causing this for some users.

Steven

• Administrator

OnlineAppearance

I have quite a few plugins loaded on my Mb...
Edit:
I just realized the subject line refers to the current playing song. So it is skipped whilst playing?
Does it always happen on the same minute-mark? A screenshot of your crossfade settings as well, please.

Thankyou so much for replying
Yes it skips while playing. I tried to see if it happens at a specific time in songs but it really doesn't.

As for my crossfade settings:

OnlineAppearance

You don't say if you have tried this without any plugin installed?

e.g. the UPnP/DLNA plugin has been known for causing this for some users.

No I actually didn't try that, I think I will try that soon

OnlineAppearance

also the skip silence plugin is another that might cause this

Thankyou so much for this reply, I think this might have been the issue. I have been listening to music  for a little while now and I've not encountered the issue