Author Topic: Add a custom converter field in the options  (Read 6367 times)

toology

Could you add a blank entry to the file converters so we could make our own profiles? For instance I'd like to use iTunesEncode for my iPod since it gives better results for me than Nero. It was made by a guy at Hydrogen Audio forums and it acts like a middle man for sending any audio file to iTunes conversion (since the damn thing doesn't like FLAC).

So basically I'd add one blank profile like: Custom enabled, Codec Name, File Extension, Portable, HQ, Archiving. If you'd rather not do it perhaps I can send you the command line parameters for encoding and you add a hard coded profile like the rest.

The requirements for this encoding is the iTunesEncode.exe plus a running iTunes (encoder is set-up in iTunes).

Steven

• Administrator
you dont have to use Nero for m4a files - the encoders are configurable in the File Converters tab in Preferences.
just override nero.exe with the path and .exe name of iTunesEncode

for the command line parameters you can enter any valid parameters but there are 2 settings that MB cares about:
- The first is you need to set a parameter to tell the encoder to accept the data from stdin
- The second is you need set use [outputfile] in the place of where the output filename parameter is
eg.
-e "AAC Encoder" -o [outputfile]

by leaving out -i "[infile]" i understand that will tell iTunesEncode to use stdin although i have never used this tool

Mike H

Add my vote for this option as well. I purchased and downloaded many of my books from Audible. They are in MP3 format, but have DRM and have the extension of .AA (Audible Audio). I can play them on the computer, but cannot load them on my generic MP3 player, only the ones they choose to allow which support the AA format. If I update my computer, I am not sure I can even access them when Windows gets updated or reloaded. Please consider helping to solve the problem with DRM and AA files.

Steven

• Administrator
if they have DRM applied i dont think MusicBee would be able to play them. I'm not sure what you are asking for - to have a file converter that removes the DRM? I wouldnt be able to do that - you would need to find an application that can do that and the best i could provide is a way to call that application