Author Topic: 2023 - Compliments / Reviews / Observations  (Read 844 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
It's that time of the year people!🎉
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11596.0

Two weeks left before we say goodbye to 2023 and this is a massive thank you to Steven for the ongoing commitment that he's injected into this precious project throughout the years.
The turnaround times for a one-man show continue to amaze! How's that for service?💯

Although the forum does not appear to have been graced with a lot of new members this year, MusicBee continues to grow onward and upward💪
The optimist in me thinks that can only mean our moderators have been hard at work getting rid of fake accounts. Way to go guys - phred, zak, psychoadept!

The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
In June, the forum witnessed the highest number of active users at any one time.

The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
New "kid" on the block - tjinc
Excuse my choice of wording there. I mean this with utmost respect since I figure you are way older than me.

tjinc has proved to be one of our most knowledgeable members.
He registered his account in 2011 but appears to have forgotten his password up until late 2021, haha.
He made a few guest appearances in 2022, but came back with a bang in 2023 - for which we are grateful🙏

A shoutout to karbock as well who's had a strong presence in our Tips & Tricks section of the forum on concepts that are not so easy to grasp.

tjinc

I'm not sure it's wholly deserved, but thank you for the compliment - and yes, the kid stage of life is far behind me (although my partner claims I act like a big kid sometimes so there is still hope).

I originally signed up here to ask a question on behalf of a friend who had installed MusicBee as a replacement for iTunes which was causing his old PC to grind to a halt. We actually worked it out before posting and MB ran perfectly well for years on that old machine.
Personally I started using MB in 2015/16 but only lightly, more heavily from 2019/20 onwards. The more I use it, the more remarkable this software reveals itself to be. Since MB now affords me a lot of enjoyment and Stephen asks for nothing in return, I decided I would try to give a little back by helping if I could (I'm not normally a join-in, forum type - this is my one and only).

And if this is a compliments topic:
There are too many great posts to mention them all, but a recent one that has stuck in my mind was hiccup's use of the formula for the sum to N natural numbers in order to determine incomplete albums. A (free) maths lesson on a music player site - marvellous.
(for any interest piqued see here).

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...a recent one that has stuck in my mind was hiccup's use of the formula for the sum to N natural numbers in order to determine incomplete albums.
A (free) maths lesson on a music player site - marvellous.
That solution was indeed a thing of beauty.
Where virtual tags are concerned, hiccup always manages to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Diatomos

If I may add a stray observation from the past year.
I've been using a super-ultrawide monitor for about 6 months now, and MusicBee works great with it.
I love MusicBee.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
That's quite a nice setup. Looking really good!

The Incredible Boom Boom

I figure this is probably the best place to post this, so Merry Christmas to @Steven and everyone who has taken their time to help make MusicBee the greatest music manager and player out there!

hiccup

A hat tip to both old and new blood that have been contributing in a way that has kept the hive strong in 2023!
(you know who you are)

Let's use 2024 to keep the hive (and ourselves) healthy and prosperous.
Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 08:20:57 PM by hiccup