Author Topic: Bit Depth not available in reports  (Read 241 times)

rak

I want to include Bit Depth in a library report, but it is not available in the listed fields/tags for reports.  Creating a custom tag of "bit depth" doesn't work because there already is that tag.  Virtually all tags are available for reports except bit depth.  Thoughts on how to add that?

boroda

I want to include Bit Depth in a library report,

do you mean LR of AT&RT plugin?

Creating a custom tag of "bit depth" doesn't work because there already is that tag.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean. you can give virtual tag any name, e.g. "v. bit depth"

rak

Yes, the library report in the advanced tools plug-in.  https://imgur.com/a/zzswkbw
Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 07:23:33 PM by rak

boroda

@Steven, Is the "bit depth" file property somehow available via API at the moment? e.g. using a number instead of an enumeration for Library_GetFileProperty?

sorry, it's Bitdepth = 183 in the "MusicBeeInterface.cs" that i'm using. don't know why i missed it in the tag tools plugin. i'll add support for it.
Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 09:27:07 AM by boroda

boroda

Steven, mb's 3.6.8736 api always returns empty value for Bitdepth = 183

rak

I want to include Bit Depth in a library report, but it is not available in the listed fields/tags for reports.  Creating a custom tag of "bit depth" doesn't work because there already is that tag.  Virtually all tags are available for reports except bit depth.  Thoughts on how to add that?

I fiddled around with custom tags.  Didn't know what I was doing, but tried anyway.  By trial and error, I discovered/learned the solution.
Edit
Edit Preferences
Preferences window
Tags (1)
Custom Tags
Define New Tags button
New Custom Tag Definition
Virtual Tags list
(select any one of the 32 virtual tags available)
"formula:" column
Function Selector from drop-down list
$Abs(<field>) from next drop-down list
replace <field> with <field you want>
     (in my case it was <Bit Depth>), the result being $Abs(<Bit Depth>)
In the "label:" column, assign any name you want for that tag
     (in my case, it was "Bit Depth V1)
It is then available in the library report checklist

Easy peasy.    :-\

boroda

you've done all well, except that the $Abs() function is not required. use simply <Bit Depth> instead of $Abs(<Bit Depth>) in the VT formula field. The result will be the same, but this must work a bit faster.