Author Topic: Album artist not reflecting what mp3tag has set it to  (Read 173 times)

fireplex

Hi,

I have been using mp3tag to sort out the tagging of my music, setting the Album Artist tag to Various Artists for some of my media.

But MusicBee does not report Various Artists and instead reports multiple tags separated with a semicolon,
eg Ayra Starr; Various Artists

I check in File Explorer and under Details that lists the Album Artist correctly as Various Artists.

I haven't used MusicBee for a long time so guess I am missing some setting?

I have tried a rescan in MusicBee but is still inists on this tag?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks!

frankz

Open the tag inspector and see what it says there.  A screenshot of that section would help us.

Or, easier than trying to trouble shoot and figure out what went wrong, set the Album Artist to Various Artists for these tracks / albums in MB.

frankz

Thanks for the help, does this help:
I can honestly say that I have no idea why that would be there in the interface after a file rescan when it's not in the tags.  Maybe someone else has run into this and can help.

Maybe something to do with the TXXX/Artists?  That doesn't need to be there.

That's just guessing though.  Hopefully someone has ideas.

fireplex

OK no problem, thanks.

I do agree it may be taken from this TXXX/ARTISTS - no idea why that is there, I think it's in quite a few files.

I'm just trying to figure out how to display this tag in mp3tag so I can then select all files in my collection with that tag and delete it...

boroda

you can delete unneeded tags right from MB (mp3tag is not required): mb menu> tagging tools> remove tags. this will delete ID3 tags directly from tracks, not some tags mapped as custom tags.