Author Topic: Downloading Pictures from Theater Mode  (Read 264 times)

BeeHen

Is there a way to download full size pictures from theater mode? I know it grabs pictures from internet but when I click "search picture for internet" option, it doean't download a full size picture. How does Theater mode upscale it to full size?

I want to either download this picture or crop it using "Ctrl+Shift+S' but the panels are in the way.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I'm reading too much into this post that I no longer know how to best answer it.

Have a look at the Now Playing tab > Large Album theater mode (or any of the other default two).
Right-clicking on the artwork there will allow you to download it.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

BeeHen

Have a look at the Now Playing tab > Large Album theater mode (or any of the other default two).
I tried it, this option is equivalent to "search internet for picture" and downloads small size covers instead of full size covers as displayed in theater mode. This is a very rare album, and I can't find a full-size on internet either and surprisingly theater mode is only place I can see it in full size. So how does it upscales it?

This is how by the way it downloads from "Now playing Tab" and "Search Internet for picture" feature.

{Notice the considerable difference in height and width}
Thanks for replying.
Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 09:38:36 PM by BeeHen

sveakul

If you do a search with the 3rd-party tool Album Art Downloader it shows a downloadable 770 X 793 jpg/webp copy at LastFM Cover (https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/770x0/cfa5c2337d9f2f92086edfeb57a50b83.jpg) and a 695 X 720 jpg copy at MusicBrainz (https://coverartarchive.org/release/a9769b4a-1dec-4119-9869-fb2239f75719/32664473690.jpg).

Can't comment on Theater Mode's scaling or lack thereof as I don't use it.

tjinc

I tried it, this option is equivalent to "search internet for picture" and downloads small size covers instead of full size covers as displayed in theater mode. This is a very rare album, and I can't find a full-size on internet either and surprisingly theater mode is only place I can see it in full size. So how does it upscales it?
This method downloads the image you are viewing, not a small size version (and is most likely one of the images linked to by sveakel in the previous post).
The Theater Mode view shown in your original post (Artist Pictures) uses the 'zoomKeep' property for the images displayed which means that it will zoom in on any image to fill the height of the screen whilst maintaining the aspect ratio of the image.

BeeHen

This method downloads the image you are viewing, not a small size version (and is most likely one of the images linked to by sveakel in the previous post).
The Theater Mode view shown in your original post (Artist Pictures) uses the 'zoomKeep' property for the images displayed which means that it will zoom in on any image to fill the height of the screen whilst maintaining the aspect ratio of the image.
Can I apply this zoomkeep property exclusively to images and make them full size?

tjinc

Can I apply this zoomkeep property exclusively to images and make them full size?
I don't understand what you are trying to do here.
The zoomKeep property is only used in a Theater Mode view.
Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 12:40:24 PM by tjinc