Author Topic: Filter for all files that have more than one embedded picture  (Read 237 times)

splinke

Is there a way in MusicBee to filter for files that have more than one embedded picture? My car's built-in music player reports "unknown artist" for many songs that have artist data in the file. I think I have narrowed this problem down to the fact that these are the files that have multiple pictures embedded within them, and I would like to delete all but the main album artwork picture.

frankz

If you go to a view with all of your files listed, you can go to Tools->Artwork->Album Artwork Manager.  It will take a while to scan them depending on how many files there are.  There is a column for "Count" You can sort on this and the column for "Picture Location" (embedded will indicate as such).

splinke

If you go to a view with all of your files listed, you can go to Tools->Artwork->Album Artwork Manager.  It will take a while to scan them depending on how many files there are.  There is a column for "Count" You can sort on this and the column for "Picture Location" (embedded will indicate as such).

Thanks so much, frankz! I was easily able to identify all of the files with more than one embedded picture. It took a few minutes to remove the extra picture from a couple hundred files, but it was easy. The best news is that now the metadata is correctly displayed in my car. Much appreciated.