Author Topic: Musicbee crashes upon start of other programs or task manager  (Read 1803 times)

RebelAngel

I'm relatively new to the program...like it a lot, though i dont understand why it is always crashing. Whenever I listen to music and start another program or the taskmanager it crashes...I have never wintessed such behaviour with another app/program before...does anyone know what could be going on here...?

BTW if that helps: it crashed in a way so it doesn't even remember what it played last and everything is like the last instance has never been started.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Check the error log (Help > Support > View Error Log) and copy/paste here anything from the most recent crash.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

RebelAngel

Thx for your reply!

Version: 3.5.8698
Downloaded the (normal not portable) installer

Error log (doesn't show anything for the crashes from today though):

19.09.2023 23:43:40 - 10.0.19045.0 - 3.5.8447.35892D - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "NLog, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Initialise(IntPtr apiPtr)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   bei #=z5PgYRDH$zNo7WhzgWg==..ctor(#=z4$90odPQW5oVh9588w== #=zeHK_e$g=)

20.09.2023 23:46:14 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
22.09.2023 00:14:48 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
30.09.2023 14:19:08 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
27.10.2023 00:38:24 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
29.10.2023 11:21:13 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.
31.10.2023 13:51:35 - Monitored folders - file scan failed: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.

phred

• Global Moderator
  bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Initialise(IntPtr apiPtr)
The error that's in the log is being caused by a plugin. The best way to determine which plugin is the problem is to disable all of them and add them back in one a time, doing whatever action has caused the crash previously.. If the issue is new behavior and you recently added a plugin, disable that one first. Once you've homed in on the problem plugin, post  the issue on the thread for that plugin so its developer can see it and attempt to address it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

RebelAngel

I disabled all plugins, saved, restarted...unfortunately still happens. Opening task manager still crashes the app during playback....does anybody have an idea?

Running WIN10 btw, always doing updates. Also drivers are also being kept up to date.

sveakul

Instead of just disabling all plugins, try actually removing them from the Plugins folder using Windows File Explorer.  Start OK now?  If so, add them back one by one until you find the crasher.

Steven

• Administrator
i think the plugins thing is a red-herring as there are log entries after the initial error.
It is a very strange issue, but I suggest whitelisting MB in your security software to see if that helps

RebelAngel

Hmm I disabled the plugins, removed them from the folder...no matter what I do - upon start of task manager (sometimes other programs or when I'm launching installers for other programs) it crashes. I also tried different output settings...no change either. This is weird!

phred

• Global Moderator
...but I suggest whitelisting MB in your security software to see if that helps

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

RebelAngel

Allllright...as the  prettey much same installation ran smooth on my laptop, I tried the classic...uninstall, reboot, re-install. Everything running smooth now, I'm happy :-D...thx everyone nevertheless!