Author Topic: Selecting multiple playlists, moving to folder  (Read 884 times)

MusicBebe

Hi. would like to declutter my playlist panel by moving playlists into folders. Is it possible to select multiple playlists and drag them into a folder all at once. I can't find any way to multi-select playlists, either in the side panel, or using the playlist explorer. Is this possible?

Thank you!

frankz

The playlist folders in MB will correspond to folders in the playlist directory under your MB Library.  Create the folders within MB and then, with MB closed, move the playlists to their desired folders using Windows Explorer.  They will show up in the folders next time you open MB.

This works with static and auto-playlists.  I've never done it with playlist mixers, but they have multiple components and seem more complicated so maybe test first before doing one you care about (if you even have them).

tjinc

At the risk of making this sound very complicated (it really is not) , I will second the caution regarding multi-component playlists:
As frankz stated, playlist mixers will consist one file for each line in the playlist mixer.
If you use custom playlist headers or custom playlist icons you will also have associated image files.
If you use auto-playlists that do not auto-refresh you will have an associated snapshot file.
There may well be others.....

I think the rule of thumb is that, if you want to move a playlist called 'My Playlist' in Windows Explorer, make sure you move all files whose filename begins 'My Playlist'.

MusicBebe

Thank you for your replies, frankz and tjinc. This was super helpful! 

I'd forgotten that each playlist existed as an actual file under the Library folder. And that the playlist panel in MB mirrors the Playlist folder in the Library. From there, what I want to do is simple!

Thanks again!