Author Topic: How to add a screenshot to a post  (Read 51581 times)

chrisjj

3. Upload the image to an image hosting site such as MediaFire or ImageShack. These are both free image hosting sites.

I will never use Imageshack again after in 2014 finding many of my Imageshack images on forums started to go missing. On request, the provider restored some but then told me "the images we have been trying to restore have been lost" (see below) and never answered my subsequent requests.

Dear Chris,

It is with great displeasure and regret that I have to inform you that the images we have been trying to restore have been lost. We did all that we could to restore the images, but unfortunately with no success. At ImageShack we understand the importance and sentimental value an image can hold. We are truly sorry for our mistake and your loss.

The images that were lost were uploaded a number of years ago, before we had implemented our new image back up procedures. We now store 3 backed up copies of every image uploaded in an effort to prevent any further image loss.

Best regards,
Veronika

Instead, I'm using Imgur.com.
Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:44:24 PM by chrisjj

tagmanmanhob

Strangely enough discord links that contain an image are valid when used with the forum's IMG tags. I have a private server for personal use and I just upload the images in a random useless channel.

sveakul

This one is easy and no "enrolling":

1.  Take a screenshot of what you want others to see;  you can use the built-in Windows "Snipping Tool", Irfanview's Options/Capture Screenshot, or a zillion other apps.

2.  Go to https://imgur.com/upload

3.  Browse to or drag image, upload

4.  When image appears on the site, you can either:

a)  Right-click it and choose "Copy link location" (dialog from Firefox context menu, your browser may differ);  this will give a link to the image file itself (ends in for example *.jpg).  You can then use the MusicBee forum's "Insert Image" dialog button and insert the link, which will embed the image itself in the post.

b)  Or, click on the Imgur "Copy" button they provide there, which will produce a no-extension link you can insert into a post using the "Insert Hyperlink" button.  This provides a LINK to the image in your post instead of embedding it as in a), which is preferable if you want to use a huge image that otherwise would take up too much real estate in the forum, which can be annoying.

Be sure you check your post first using "Preview" to be sure it's what you want before hitting "Post" (note the difference between using "Insert Image" and "Insert HyperLink").

Other sites/methods abound, but as I said, this is the one that works easiest for me.
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:16:37 AM by sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
This one is easy and no "enrolling":
@sveakul...

Since this question gets asked frequently, I'd like to suggest you add it to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum. While not truly a tip or a trick for working with MB, many people would find it faster (I hope) that where it's currently buried. A simple cut and paste from here to the new piece would be sufficient. And if you can't make it sticky, please let me know and I will. I will also lock it as that sub-forum is "no questions please."

Since there are a few similar threads in Tips & Tricks, maybe call yours "Posting Screenshots - The Easy Way" (Just a suggestion.)

And while the question is truly a FAQ, the website FAQ really deals -only- with questions relating to MB.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is also a page on the wiki dedicated to this topic, although the content is almost identical to sveakul's
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
There is also a page on the wiki dedicated to this topic, although the content is almost identical to sveakul's
Good to know. Thanks for pointing it out.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

mm

I see the advanced option of "Surround the direct link with the tags Code " currently does not seem to be working (to make the graphic display on the page rather than the link).

Sorry if I have missed something in this post, but is there a workaround for this?

sveakul

Working fine here.  Be sure you select the "Insert Image" button (not "Insert Hyperlink" or "Insert Code") from the post options, and in the "Enter Image URL" box that appears be sure the link you post there is the complete URL to the image itself, .i.e. ending in an image extension, like "https://i.imgur.com/HFRCNx1.png"

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28168.0
Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:51:52 AM by sveakul