Author Topic: The Artwork view  (Read 39764 times)

lnminente

+1 for seeing the titles over the artwork. It looks modern and has better use of the space. Here a good example of how it sees: http://ex.fm/trending

SimonBRT

+1.  looks great.  like the fact that there is less 'dead space'

beeing good

I'm going to go back on my previous comment and say that I really like the original idea.

For the auto sizing thing that would be great. I have more of an issue with them fitting vertically though rather than horizontally. It drives me crazy to see artwork half cut off at the bottom of the panel because the displaying size is wrong, and it can be a real pain because it can change between skins. I would love it if there was a feature to make the artwork view fit squarely in window.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
+1 only as an option

Between this post, where MBees don't mind the text over the artwork, and this one (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7817.0), where a small number on the artwork wasn't liked, I'd hate to be Steven deciding what to and what not to implement  ;)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Iasc

+1 only as an option

Between this post, where MBees don't mind the text over the artwork, and this one (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7817.0), where a small number on the artwork wasn't liked, I'd hate to be Steven deciding what to and what not to implement  ;)

i prefer the view as it is now, with the exception of the change i asked for in the the thread bee-liever posted above. but if its optional then why not.

Iasc

-1 for me, i like my artwork to be clean and untouched.

lnminente

While Greb did a great mockup i would like we keep in mind it still has some pixels between the artworks, and a 0 pixel between artworks does a huge difference.

For people which doesn't want anything over the artwork, i currently use an auto-playlist with a cusmomized view where all the text is disabled and yet perfectly functional as we know well all our albums and the covers are more readable thanks to having bigger artworks.

Here a cap of my actual config, medium/small covers:

Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:45:10 PM by lnminente

phred

• Global Moderator
If this is to be implemented, it should definitely be a user-selectable option.  Like the other naysayers here, I like my artwork to show in full.  I don't want it covered up with text.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Add text on top of a photo

Depending on which Microsoft Office program you are using, you can add text on top of a photo using either WordArt or by drawing a text box and then typing text. You can move the WordArt or text box over your photo and then, depending on which Microsoft Office program you're using, rotate the text to best fit your photo. you can make your trip safe by kostüm für karneval.

You are making this much more difficult than is necessary. 

Assuming one wants the option that the original poster requested, it should (can?) be programed into MB and become a display option.  Users have hundreds, if not thousands of pieces of album art, and I don't think any one of them is about to go through the multiple steps of using WordArt to accomplish this.

And as much as I do acknowledge and appreciate the OP's design request, I still want my art displayed as indented.  With no text covering it up.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lnminente

I have made some mockups to make it clearer, i think we could split in decreased margins or not, and text over images or not, so are these:

0) Leave it as it is, no changes please

1) Decreased margins for increasing artwork size and titles. Not touching the image, leaving it clean

2) No margins, text over the images. All the area is full by covers.

3) Like the number 2, but only showing the title when the mouse is over, so you see the full artwork unless the mouse is over

Tip: open each image in a tab and switch between them for a better comparison
Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:19:06 PM by lnminente

Greb

3) Like the number 2, but only showing the title when the mouse is over, so you see the full artwork unless the mouse is over

This is a very good idea...

By the way, another insteresting option would be use it as a Now Playing List for AutoDJ, where each album cover corresponds to each song, like here http://ex.fm/trending

Now it's possible to do it, if you take away grouping from the artwork view. The problem is that it takes grouping away from every artwork view, so it doesn't group albums anymore. It would be interesting to have the option of 'not to group' in a specific view, so you can have a playlist where each song is represented by the album cover.

phred

• Global Moderator

This is a very good idea...

-This- would earn a +1 from me.  It's the best of both worlds. 

However, how would MB handle the current mouse-over where it causes the option to PLAY the entire album to appear?  I doubt there can be two different conditions for the mouse-over.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lnminente

@Greb: that sound interesting... Yep. BTW you just gave me an idea for theather mode...

@Phred: It could draw a nice transparent play icon at the center and pressing it would do it

redwing

For people which doesn't want anything over the artwork, i currently use an auto-playlist with a cusmomized view where all the text is disabled and yet perfectly functional as we know well all our albums and the covers are more readable thanks to having bigger artworks.
You don't have to make a playlist for that view. Just leave empty for "fields appearing below artwork" option in Artwork layout configuration pane.

As another solution, I would propose offering a smaller slider bar that can adjust spaces between artworks just next to the current slider bar.
Then it will look like this.

Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:35:35 PM by redwing