Author Topic: playlist shows no info only number and black exclamation mark, files do exist  (Read 325 times)

lazy_mosquito

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Hi,
Did look already around on this forum but couldn't find a solution for my problem. I reinstalled musicbee again and populated my library again. All my files are visible and playable in the music section. When I go to the playlist and check out a playlist, most of the files are shown as a number in the list with a black exclamation mark. When I double click on such a number it asks me if I want to link it again to the original file. If I agree it goes direct to the correct directory where the files reside and if I select the files it will be shown again in the playlist. But when I check the properties of all this this files they have already the right location. if i let play my playlist it will play the list and every number that gets played shows automatically in the playlist. The problem is that there are a lot of playlists with a lot of numbers each, is there a way to do this all automatically?

screenshot of playlist

thnx in advance,

Pieter

hiccup

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8037
Welcome to the forum lazy_mosquito

As a start:
- Why do your files show no basic track information such as artist and title? How did you tag them?
- What is the format of these files? (mp3, flac, etc)
- How did you import them to your  library?

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9457
What does it say when you hover the mouse over the exclamation mark?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lazy_mosquito

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Thanks for replying on my question,

I found the answer. once i converted all my files to mpeg in a mirrored directory. When placing my backup back i placed the mpeg directory back, which is exactly the same structure. So all the files who were originally mpeg showed but all the one who were converted didn't show. but when i checked i saw all the time the right file (i thought) but missed the extension. I found it out by trying to explain you and making a screenshot from every step.

so i feel a littlebit stupid now, but thanks for reaching out.