Author Topic: Double click, playing a song and queuing a song  (Read 4207 times)

Greb

It's just a stupid and simple thing. But I think it'd make MusicBee easier to handle.

Currently, you can choose in preferences if you want to play or to queue a song when you double click. It means that if you chooses 'playing' you must use the contextual menu to queue a song. You can use a hotkey, but you have to go from mouse to keyboard and go back again for each song.

Why not using a kind of 'fake hotkey'? Something like:

If playing is selected:
> Double click plays a song
> Alt + Double click queues a song

If queueing is selected:
> Double click queues a song
> Alt + Double click plays a song

So you never need to go to the contextual menu

:)
Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:15:26 AM by Greb

beeing good

I think you can do this already with hot key assignments (check the preferences).

control+shift+enter -  queue next:

Control+Enter - queue last.

Alt+Enter - play now.

Greb

I think you can do this already with hot key assignments (check the preferences).

control+shift+enter -  queue next:

Control+Enter - queue last.

Alt+Enter - play now.

Yeap, but this way if you're adding several songs to a playlist you have to swap from mouse to keyboard and back again in every song.

I think it would be useful to create a kind of hotkey that avoids this.

Steven

• Administrator
if the Alt key is down when double clicking, it now "Queues Next" the clicked track

IMGrant

I know this is an old thread, but has this behaviour changed? I just tried alt+double-clicking a track, and it performed the Play Now action (clear queue and play album from the clicked track), rather than Queue Next on just the clicked track.

I have double click set to Play Now, but would love to be able to use a modifier (ctrl/shift/alt) to double click and Queue Next instead.