Author Topic: Changing options on the way MB picks up .jpg files in folders  (Read 5714 times)

Jkesnk

To be able to change the options on the way MB picks up .jpg files in folders...(example: cover.jpg,folder.jpg and then any folder with a .jpg extension after the first two have been searched for...A lot of people seem to be labeling them with a lot of different names other than Cover,Folder etc..but they all have the common ext. jpg....)...Helpful in cleaning up other music libraries with artwork tagging..

beeing good

+1 for this. I just went through and did all mine manually. It wasn't that much work really, the search art options in MB are excellent and make it a pretty quick process.

But it would be good it it picked up anything with .jpg in the folder.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a setting in the file scanner (File/ Rescan files) where it can be set to retrieve any artwork in the same folder as the music file. The file scanner on works on new files, so in your scan you will need to tick 'rescan files already in the library', and it will load the additional artwork for the existing files.
I'll post a link tomorrow night after more testing

beeing good

Steven, will this work in a way that it will only pick up the artwork if there is nothing embedded in the tag? I wouldn't want it to overwrite all the embedded artwork I have set up.

Steven

• Administrator
implemented as described above:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0gdcy53w1e50cmg

beeing good, it wont overwrite embedded artwork - this is purely to scan for additional artwork from the same folder as the music file (which it was doing before anyway, except before it only looked for: artwork, cover, folder and front.jpg/png)