Author Topic: Move player control to main panel  (Read 312 times)

Michael1956

Hello,
is it possible to move the player control, which is currently always in the foot panel for all skins that I have found, to the main panel?
When I grab the player controls with the mouse and want to move them, I don't get a highlight for the main panel.

phred

• Global Moderator
When I grab the player controls with the mouse and want to move them, I don't get a highlight for the main panel.
It is not possible with "standard" skins (*.xml)..

It -might- be possible with a compiled skin (*.xmlc) could do it, but not being well-versed with skinning, I don't know. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

It -might- be possible with a compiled skin (*.xmlc) could do it, but not being well-versed with skinning, I don't know.
Nope, not possible with bitmapped/compiled/xmlc skins either.

It is possible by using/creating an embedded theater mode that has player controls.
Then you could position the 'now playing bar' in the main panel, and set it to display that TM.

Michael1956

Thanks, that's probably too much work for me.
Then it stays the way it is.

hiccup

Thanks, that's probably too much work for me.
If you consider that to be 'work', you probably shouldn't even try ;-)

It gave me an idea though, about me always believing it wouldn't be possible to make MusicBee mimic my first love. (Winamp)
But perhaps using an embedded TM could make it possible to resemble that lost love a little bit.
Not going to try it anytime soon, but it is in the back of my head now…
Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 06:21:21 PM by hiccup