Author Topic: Is it possible using Virtual tags and formulas, to add Artists age to songs?  (Read 1023 times)

jonap

oh I totally didn't understand what you meant

well if I get the question right this time, I usually use Musicbee Album Auto-Tagger functionality

hiccup

… I usually use Musicbee Album Auto-Tagger functionality
O.k., then what I had in mind won't work. (unless you put in a lot of manual work)

I was thinking about some solution where the top-level genre would get the first position in the tag.
Then a virtual tag could be setup to retrieve the first value.

I am guessing this may possibly be made automated when using MusicBrainz Picard for writing your tags , but then again, that would also require quite some work in creating a script that accomplishes that.

jonap

oh ok, so you wanted to do some tricks

I was just wondering if it was possible directly from the genre hierarchy as it would have been a comparable functionality to this one

A list of words (cell), each associated to another word (cell in the same row), and musicbee able to find the word in a specific column and retrieve the corresponding word in another column (basically XLOOKUP in excel)

Or would there be a different approach at how this could be set up?

hiccup

oh ok, so you wanted to do some tricks
Yes, but this one seems a very logical and relatively simple approach to the problem.

…A list of words (cell), each associated to another word (cell in the same row), and musicbee able to find the word in a specific column and retrieve the corresponding word in another column (basically XLOOKUP in excel)…
This seems to circle back to what (in theory) perhaps could be achieved with some new functionality that I suggested in this thread before.
I'm not sure if that would make this possible though.

jonap

so just to understand, the genre hierarchy plugin, is able to do that, but only in the dedicated panel right?

so the problem here would be able to let that funcionality be available in the whole program

hiccup

so just to understand, the genre hierarchy plugin, is able to do that, but only in the dedicated panel right?
It's something like that I guess.
The best thing (again) would be for you or somebody else to create a wishlist item for this, making sure that it is explained very well what is to be expected exactly.
Then a more detailed discussion on how things would work and what would be possible can be held there.

jonap

yes I am gonna make a wish post, I was trying to collect ideas and toughts to understand what I had to ask concretly

thanks for the help