Author Topic: Panel Arrangements tutorial  (Read 658 times)

63blonde

Is there anyplace that you can see how others have arranged their panels and is there a way to find out how to make these different panels. I want to make the left panel have playlists on the top and below show the contents of the playlist chosen. Hope this makes sense.

phred

• Global Moderator
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2258.0

As for how to make them, I suggest trial and error. Open the panel configuration window (square box to the left of the search bar) and start dragging panel elements from the right side to the left. You're not going to break anything and you can always remove an element (or move to another panel) if you don't like it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

As for how to make them, I suggest trial and error.
Yep, so often the best way, "free experimentation."  Any stress involved is best removed by having the PORTABLE installation of MusicBee to begin with--each and every file and setting all in the same folder.  Keep a current backup of that folder, and you can screw up your MusicBee 1,000 times to Sunday and return it to its last state by one 5 second delete folder/replace it with backup folder operation.

hiccup

Is there anyplace that you can see how others have arranged their panels and is there a way to find out how to make these different panels. I want to make the left panel have playlists on the top and below show the contents of the playlist chosen. Hope this makes sense.
It's really not difficult to achieve this, but I guess the coin has to drop first on how setting up and placing panels is done in MusicBee.

In the 'arrange panels' configuration panel, all you need to do is to find the ' playlist directory' and the 'playing tracks' elements.
Simply drag and drop them to a location in e.g. the 'left sidebar' or in the 'left main panel', and that's pretty much it.

If you are afraid to experiment and possibly mess-up thing, use a separate portable install of MusicBee for learning how to do this.