Author Topic: Double clicking song track to play always enters rename title state  (Read 489 times)

slappy

Hi, I have not found a way to disable changing the song title name when double clicking and this is a real nuisance. Not really interested in changing mouse settings etc as I do not have this issue elsewhere. Thanks you if you can help me, no worries if not.

hiccup

That only happens when you double-click (too) slowly.
A fast double-click will play the track.

You can also disable the feature completely.
See the topmost option in the Preferences > Tags (2) panel.

slappy

That fixed it immediately, yeah I'm pretty incompetant I guess. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it

Steven

• Administrator
there does seem to be some sort of flaw with this so i will have a closer look and see if something needs changing

hiccup

there does seem to be some sort of flaw with this so i will have a closer look and see if something needs changing
What would be the flaw here?
I believe it's intentional behaviour, and I have been making use of the fact that you can either fast- or slow double-click to perform either editing or playing.

Steven

• Administrator
i was wrong - it is working as intended but i might change it to add some extra time padding as i have seen this complaint a number of times

chin

and how would you select a track?

The single click could both select and then play the track. Why do you need to select if it wont play?

hiccup

The single click could both select and then play the track. Why do you need to select if it wont play?
Read and digest the replies and search the forum and the web chin.
And, you are polluting somebody else's topic, in which the original question already has been answered and was solved.

Bad chin!

Again…
Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 07:14:05 PM by hiccup

MotleyG

and how would you select a track?

Umm, when listening to a playing track while making edits to others?

phred

• Global Moderator
is there an option to play with a single click?
You are hijacking (polluting) a thread with an unrelated question. Create a new thread for questions that are off-topic.

Your continued misbehaving by not following common forum etiquette (not searching, false bug reports, hijacking threads, etc.) is going to get you banned from the forum. Depending on what the next infraction is (or are) will determine if the ban is temporary or permanent.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here