Author Topic: Is it possible to add more sources to Musicbee when search for album covers??  (Read 431 times)

DJboutit

Is it possible to add more sources to Musicbee when search for album covers??

frankz

It is not, but you can add an external application like AlbumArtDownloader to MB and then send files to it with custom parameters.  Mine are "<Artist>" "<Album>" -f "Cover.jpg" -p "<Path>"

My parameters save covers as a file, but you can copy/paste the cover if you embed your art.
Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:09:54 PM by frankz

DJboutit

It is not, but you can add an external application like AlbumArtDownloader to MB and then send files to it with custom parameters.  Mine are "<Artist>" "<Album>" -f "Cover.jpg" -p "<Path>"

My parameters save covers as a file, but you can copy/paste the cover if you embed your art.

I have added AlbumArtDownloader to Musicbee I am looking for 1200x1200 covers but it never finds any that size.

I have tested Musicbrainz Picard images it trys to add are garbage they are 275k to 300k 1200x1200x image would be so much better at 450x to 475k

frankz

Look through the settings for AAD.  You can set which sizes you find acceptable.  Of course, it's only going to find what's available from providers.

watdub

I find the 'iTunes Store' option (under Tags(2)/autotagging) very good at finding 1200px covers for the music I like.  Maybe make that #1 when searching and see if it helps?  There's a filter option as well to reduce the sizes but I don't use it.

DJboutit

I find the 'iTunes Store' option (under Tags(2)/autotagging) very good at finding 1200px covers for the music I like.  Maybe make that #1 when searching and see if it helps?  There's a filter option as well to reduce the sizes but I don't use it.

I have been using Itunes store in my testing 

sveakul

Man just using MusicBee's built-in Artwork Downloader (Tools->Artwork->Downloader) I get results like the below all day long, is your music perhaps very esoteric/niche?

DJboutit

Man just using MusicBee's built-in Artwork Downloader (Tools->Artwork->Downloader) I get results like the below all day long, is your music perhaps very esoteric/niche?

I have a lot of underground 90s rap artist and late 60s and 70s reggae artists.

Another thing I run a internet radio station all my tracks are in one folder I have everything like this it makes it easier to make one big playlist. 

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is it possible to add more sources to Musicbee when search for album covers??
Don't think I saw a mention of "yes, it is possible through plugins" - whether those plugins exist or not atm is another story though.
What other sources in addition to MusicBee's built-in providers did you have in mind that also have the image resolution you specified?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore