Author Topic: Shuffle off in Library  (Read 1206 times)

63blonde

I cannot get the shuffle to stop when playing my library. It's off at the bottom panel but it's still shuffling the music????

Steven

• Administrator
i find that hard to believe its a bug. Can you at least post a screenshot and describe why you think its still shuffling the music

63blonde

I can try to get a screenshot but I watch jump from the top where a song has just ended to the bottom to play another song. Not sure how I can get a screenshot of that? Suggestions?

63blonde

I don't know what it is but I didn't if there was another way to report it

63blonde

i find that hard to believe its a bug. Can you at least post a screenshot and describe why you think it's still shuffling the music

This is the best I can think of for screenshots. Shuffle1 is the first showing the title playing, when the track ended, Shuffle2 shows the next one playing

boroda

I can try to get a screenshot but I watch jump from the top where a song has just ended to the bottom to play another song. Not sure how I can get a screenshot of that? Suggestions?

where do you see this? left-click on the "now playing" on the left panel to see the current playing queue. maybe you have chosen to "play library shuffled" previously (it's not the same as "shuffle mode"). also, check "play now action" in "now playing" section of mb prefs. suggest that you want it to be set to "clear list and play all tracks".

63blonde

I was referring to the player under the Title section that shows my library. I can't left click? I can right click.... I don't see the option to turn off Shuffle anywhere except the bottom bar and Shuffle is OFF there. I have taken screenshots of all the options I could find.

[url=https://imgur.com/VCdK8BA]
[url=https://imgur.com/vaUfcIv]
[url=https://imgur.com/WsiM7NI]

Steven

• Administrator
when you choose "Play All Files Shuffled" MB adds all files to the playing tracks queue in shuffled order (by default displayed in the right sidebar).
If the shuffle button is off, the tracks will play in sequence as displayed in the playing tracks list but the tracks in that list are shuffled.
To stop that just reset the queue eg. double click on a file in the main panel

63blonde

Double clicking on a file in the main panel = song in the library? Not sure what you mean but I tried double clicking on a song in the library and nothing happens.
I did do a search and found this info that seems to be working: Or you can also create a hotkey for this: Preferences > Hotkeys > Now Playing List: Clear
Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:29:18 AM by 63blonde

boroda

Not sure what you mean but I tried double clicking on a song in the library and nothing happens.

what do you mean by "nothing happens"? nothing is changed/tracks are still played shuffled, or literally nothing happens?

I did do a search and found this info that seems to be working: Or you can also create a hotkey for this: Preferences > Hotkeys > Now Playing List: Clear

also, check "play now action" in "now playing" section of mb preferences. suggest that you want it to be set to "clear list and play all tracks".

63blonde

I double clicked on any song in my library and the only thing it did was make it so I could have edited the name.  I am having trouble finding some of these suggestions, there is so much involved in MusicBee. I love it and can't wait to discover more. But I did check in the Play Now Action and it's already set to "clear list and play all tracks.
Right now it's working. Shuffle is Off. whew

boroda

I double clicked on any song in my library and the only thing it did was let me edit the name

yes, that's sometimes the problem (it is the problem for me too, but almost no one else has complained about this problem). i've solved this by unchecking option "enable direct editing of tags in the main panel" on the "tags (2)" section of mb preferences.