Author Topic: File deletion behavior  (Read 245 times)

sveakul

I noticed that when you choose to delete a file from the library and select the choice "delete from library only," while the file then no longer appears in the MusicBee GUI, a reference to it still remains in the MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file that is "findable" by doing a notepad search inside the *.mbl.  The reference is then only removed when doing a "Compress Library" operation.

When "delete from library AND computer" is chosen at the beginning, the reference in the *.mbl gets immediately removed along with that in the GUI (and the file is moved to the Recycle Bin).

Is it possible to engineer the choice "delete from library only" to include deletion of its reference in the *.mbl file?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I can only assume the behaviour is intended, and speaking for myself, it really sounds ideal.

Deleting a track from the library only (whether intentional or accidental):

it sounds good knowing MusicBee is able to preserve that old data and continue where it left off if one were to add it back.
So, at the moment, there are options for both users - one who'd want to the data back later on and the other who'd want it permanently gone from MusicBee.
The suggestion would take away the first option without affecting the other anyhow.

On the flip side, deleting a track from both the library and the computer:

It makes sense that the data is automatically deleted since the track is basically "gone forever".
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack