Author Topic: is music bee deliberately confusing and frustrating?  (Read 718 times)

chin

Out of the blue, now some of the art covers on my albums have vanished. Theres nothing I could have done to make this happen unless there is a bug. I was 99% finished perfecting my library. Everything was just perfect and now the artworks gone and now i have to do more work to fix this. It does look to me like this software has hidden bugs in it which can take years to become known because it all depends on how the software is used.

hiccup

It does look to me like this software has hidden bugs in it which can take years to become known because it all depends on how the software is used.
This a great, it could be an opportunity for you to finally contribute on this forum with something useful.
Please perform thorough testing with the files, settings and circumstances that in your opinion reveals a software bug.

Then do a write up, properly explaining what you are doing and what the assumed bug is so that anyone can replicate what you are doing and can verify what you are saying.

Then, and only then, create a bug report.

phred

• Global Moderator
It does look to me like this software has hidden bugs in it which can take years to become known because it all depends on how the software is used.
Despite my promise to myself to ignore you, do you really think MB, or -any- software would be  "deliberately confusing and frustrating"? Seriously???

It's been proven by your previous posts that you haven't even started to climb the learning curve that's required to use MB. MB does NOT delete things (artwork, tags, files) unless you have enabled an option to do so. As hiccup stated, do some research, and demonstrate how MB is responsible for your many issues and that they're not due to your lack of understanding what you're doing.

There are many tens of thousands of folks using MB. New users show up all the time. For the most part they search the Wiki and the forum first and then experiment. -Then- they ask questions. Without accusing MB as being the problem. And those who do think MB is the problem are usually smart enough to move to some different software.

Have you actually searched the forum for disappearing artwork? There are a few threads from way back and where it was proven to be an issue with MB, a patch update was released and the issue was resolved.

So again, it's on you to show the developer that your artwork is disappearing due to a fault with MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chin

Have you actually searched the forum for disappearing artwork? There are a few threads from way back and where it was proven to be an issue with MB, a patch update was released and the issue was resolved.

well that is very interesting. So there was in fact a bug which caused artwork to disappear just like i experienced. But my version was downloaded directly from the website only a few days ago. So it would presumably be the latest version no?

do you really think MB, or -any- software would be  "deliberately confusing and frustrating"? Seriously???

I have come here for immediatae answers to all the problems I've been experiencing. Some people have given me immeidate answers while others have not been as helpful. The fact of the matter is nobody wants to spend hours searching the forums or getting things to work. The success of a software is determined by its ease of use. If people like me complain perhaps there is a problem with the user interface which can be modified in the next update? it doesnt have to be a bug it coud just be poor design. For example, i found it very perverse that I have to click the album once to view the tracks yet click twice to play the tracks. Why cant it just be once for each process? Maybe that can be changed i dont know but by default it was set this way and i find it counterintuituve. Music bee also crashes sometimes. Every product should be updated based on feedback from users.

hiccup

Same as in real life, just complaining about things will not get you far.
And that is pretty much all that you have been doing.
Besides raising 'issues' that are only issues for you because you weren't capable of finding the multitude of information and answers already available when doing some forum searches.

Yes, that will cost you some time and effort. Same as it has everybody else.
Because you are not willing or able to find existing information does not mean that other forum users have to look it up for you and regurgitate it for you.

- - -

If you really believe that you have insights and capabilities that could improve MusicBee, here is what you should do:

1. If you have a suggestion for an improvement, create a post on the Wishlist board.
There it will be taken into consideration and evaluated. If nobody responds, nobody cares or agrees.

2. If you believe you have found a software bug, create a post on the Bug Reports board.
And make sure to describe it well so others can replicate the issue.

Or, just keep going along as you have been doing, making vague and random complaints and insinuations about 'bugs'.

But if you do, don't be surprised if other forum members are going to let go of the restrain they have had with you.

frankz

I have come here for immediatae answers to all the problems I've been experiencing. Some people have given me immeidate answers while others have not been as helpful. The fact of the matter is nobody wants to spend hours searching the forums or getting things to work.
You seem to have confused this user-to-user forum with Customer Service.  The fact of the matter is nobody wants to spend hours explaining to you how things work when that information is readily available created in the hours we've spent explaining it to others.

Every product should be updated based on feedback from users.
You seem to have confused this hobby project, created developed and maintained by one man in his spare time and generously shared with us, with a product.
Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 06:54:19 PM by frankz

chin

So why does Music bee crash sometimes? somebody explain why that happens? This is not something you can replicate because its quite random and beyond your control.

You seem to have confused this hobby project, created developed and maintained by one man in his spare time

Its not a one man project. It was shared with the public in order to improve it. He couldnt have done that alone. People like me ought to be highly valued for the insights they provide. If it takes so much effort to do something so simple then maybe the software needs to be changed? I have already discovered one bug which i have posted about where there are missing tracks. Perhaps there are more we dont know about.

hiccup

People like me ought to be highly valued for the insights they provide.
Until now you have not presented a single valuable insight.
So no, you are not valued to be a contributing forum member, you are valued as a time-wasting burden.

I have already discovered one bug which i have posted about where there are missing tracks.
I have explained to you twice already how a software bug should be reported.
You have not posted a single bug report yet.

An honest question:
Are you stupid, do you have some mental disorder, or do you enjoy acting as some troll?

Zak

• Global Moderator
I have already discovered one bug which i have posted about where there are missing tracks.
You most definitely have not done that.
Bee excellent to each other...

The Incredible Boom Boom

I have come here for immediatae answers to all the problems I've been experiencing. Some people have given me immeidate answers while others have not been as helpful. The fact of the matter is nobody wants to spend hours searching the forums or getting things to work. The success of a software is determined by its ease of use. If people like me complain perhaps there is a problem with the user interface which can be modified in the next update? it doesnt have to be a bug it coud just be poor design. For example, i found it very perverse that I have to click the album once to view the tracks yet click twice to play the tracks. Why cant it just be once for each process? Maybe that can be changed i dont know but by default it was set this way and i find it counterintuituve. Music bee also crashes sometimes. Every product should be updated based on feedback from users.

You're welcome to pay us for "immediate answers."

Roby

So why does Music bee crash sometimes? somebody explain why that happens? This is not something you can replicate because its quite random and beyond your control.
Its not a one man project. It was shared with the public in order to improve it. He couldnt have done that alone. People like me ought to be highly valued for the insights they provide. If it takes so much effort to do something so simple then maybe the software needs to be changed? I have already discovered one bug which i have posted about where there are missing tracks. Perhaps there are more we dont know about.

Music Bee is fantastic software, probably the best of its kind. And it is completely free. Don't complain about flaws that only you find. Have the humility to learn how to use it by reading the wiki and posting sensible questions on the forum, where you will find plenty of friendly people willing to help you.