Author Topic: Media keys not working properly with Media Control Overlay addon  (Read 878 times)

Ghido

Hello

i'm using version 3.5.8447 on windows 11

i recently decided to use some dynamic wallpapers from wallpaper engine, that show the album art and song info on the wallpaper plus some effects based on the album colors, but anyways because of this i need to use the plugin Windows 10 Media Control Overlay to allow wallpaper engine to work with musicbee, otherwise without the plugin the media is not recognized

But only when using that plugin the media keys (on my keyboard: previous=FN+F5, next=FN+F6, resume/pause=FN+F7, stop=FN+F8) repeat themself when i press it once, for example if had paused a song and want to resume it using FN+F7 the song quickly resumes and pauses again, same behaviour for the other buttons, havent tried stop because i never use it, if i click the buttons manually using my mouse they work fine, so its only the media keys having the issues

There is already another post talking about this dating back to july 2019, suggesting that a windows update might have caused these issues
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29061.0

Thanks

Pirana

Hullo, I'm also using Win 11 and experiencing problems having my media keys (Logitech K280e) respond with MusicBee. With or without the win 10 plug-in, the volume keys don't do anything. This was not the case last month. Play/pause button still respond.

EDIT: Apologies - I found out this only happens when the NVIDIA Broadcast app is open, so this might not be MusicBee's fault exactly...
Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 09:55:31 PM by Pirana

Ghido

To add more context, i'm not using a logitech keyboard, but a gmmk full size, doesn't use any software unlike logitech and im also not running the nvidia Broadcast app, i'm only running nvidia geforce experience but i've made sure to disable anything related to recording and overlays