Author Topic: Bit perfect?  (Read 799 times)

chin

I suppose all this effort I'm spending trying to get musicbee to work would be pointless if it can't provide the sound quality i want. I need bit perfect output. Ideally via streaming, How can i do this? I have the hardware i just dont know how to set it up. I can either do it wired with USB to a dac or preferably via DNLA without any glitching and bit perfect. Possible or not?

hiccup

Am I correct in assuming that you haven't performed any forum searches on 'DLNA' or 'bitperfect' yet?

chin

I have searched and nobody has given a simple answer

The Incredible Boom Boom

This thread along with your comments in the other you started lead me to believe you'd be much better off using a streaming service like Tidal.

chin

This thread along with your comments in the other you started lead me to believe you'd be much better off using a streaming service like Tidal.

Why is that? Is Music Bee not bit perfect?  Tidal is a completely different thing to MusicBee. I have my own library. I dont want to use Tidals library.

The Incredible Boom Boom

MusicBee is as close to perfect - bit and otherwise - a music manager and music player there could ever be.
But, you have to be willing to invest (your own - not others') time and effort into it and it doesn't seem like you have the desire.

chin

MusicBee is as close to perfect - bit and otherwise - a music manager and music player there could ever be.
But, you have to be willing to invest (your own - not others') time and effort into it and it doesn't seem like you have the desire.

Its either bit perfect or its not. No such thing as close to perfect.

Steven

• Administrator
output is bit-perfect with MB if you use WASAPI (Exclusive) or ASIO in the player preferences, have volume set to 100%, no equaliser/dsp active and your device supports the sample rate of the music file

The Incredible Boom Boom

Its either bit perfect or its not. No such thing as close to perfect.

Your "endearing" attitude, along with your "enthusiastic" desire to learn is unlikely will not win you any future assistance other than "use the search bar."

Good luck figuring things out on your own!

MotleyG

Bit perfect is a stretch for most users, as this literally means no changes to the file whatsoever. No volume or DSP adjustments, nor sample rate or bit depth conversions are expected from MusicBee, other than the file management. Which means a full volume digitally exact stream is passed on to an external DAC for processing, and then any volume controls after that, prior to making it to final amplification and speakers or headphones. If you have this setup, you will know it. Yes MusicBee can do this with the right connections and equipment in place.

On the other hand, what you are more likely really asking is; does MusicBee have a “No sample rate or bit depth conversion” process for playback? This means there is no change to the resolution and detail of your audio file, but you can still apply DSP and volume from within MusicBee and control these directly to your output devices. And yes, MusicBee can do this as well.

Spend some time using the program, applying different options, and get a feel for what MusicBee can do. It is a robust, feature loaded music manager and player. You aren’t going to figure it all out in a day.

hiccup

Quote from: chin

Why are you sending me a PM asking about if my setup is bitperfect?
Steven already took the time to explain to you the requirements and settings for MusicBee to output bitperfect a couple of posts back.

Why do you keep ignoring everything that has been explained and offered to you?

edit:
And to be honest, if your ears are functioning as well as your brain, I sincerely doubt if you are able to hear the difference between bitperfect vs. not-bitperfect to begin with.
Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:38:35 PM by hiccup

chin

And to be honest, if your ears are functioning as well as your brain, I sincerely doubt if you are able to hear the difference between bitperfect vs. not-bitperfect to begin with.
So why go to all the trouble to label your tags perfectly. Some people claim they have spent years doing this. It makes no audible difference. Why go to all this trouble only to play the music through a music player which cant even do bit perfect? I should not even have to ask if its bit perfect. EVERY serious software should be bit perfect by default. It should not require such complicated procedures to enable it either. Put the volume to 100% and it should be bit perfect immediately. It looks like musicbee is no different than windows media player in this respect. I could never figure out how to get bit perfect out of that either.

hiccup

So why go to all the trouble to label your tags perfectly. Some people claim they have spent years doing this. It makes no audible difference. Why go to all this trouble only to play the music through a music player which cant even do bit perfect?
You are really hurting my brain with all your nonsensical statements.

In a twisted manner I do have some respect for your persistence in ventilating your stupidity, confusion, misunderstandings, and disability to process and digest information concerning both audio and software.
But since nothing you have posted is of any practical value to anyone, it might be a good idea to move all your posts to another board?

Perhaps a new board named 'The funny papers'?

chin

Ok I am having trouble again getting bit perfect output. The sound is so bad that its nowhere near bit perfect it sounds more like mp3! what is going on here. I have turned off all dsp and set volume to 100% wasapi exclusive. Nothing works

MotleyG

What device are you sending your output to? 100% volume and no DSP means nothing if you aren’t sending it to a properly capable piece of hardware. Typically this is a USB connection to an external DAC with either a built=in headphone amplifier or a separate audio amplifier and speaker system. Most on=board sound cards or laptops cannot do this locally.

Why is it so difficult to have you share what you are actually trying to do, and what equipment you have? I’m trying to help, but like others I feel this is becoming a wild goose chase.

Edit: To confirm your concern about MusicBee’s bit-perfect capability, I can share what systems I have in use. My home system runs on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. It is connected directly from a USB output to a Pioneer Elite home theatre system that features a true USB-DAC input. This supports up to 24-bit/192kHz file playback, and displays the incoming rate on the display. All files I have play at their native rates up to and including my hi-res files that run up to this rate, but nothing over that will be output. I also use another system on a Win10:laptop, connected to a TEAC UD-505-X USB DAC with a built-in headphone amp. It can play every file format I have, including a few 32-bit/384kHz and even a quad DSD test file. So the answer was and remains yes, MusicBee supports bit-perfect output - if you have capable equipment connected.
Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 01:20:56 AM by MotleyG