Author Topic: Cannot see anywhere how to select Folders for Library  (Read 505 times)

decard

... can see settings for Folders to be MONITORED; but cannot see how to modify what Foldrs are included in L:ibrary

duh?

frankz

File->Scan Folders for New Files.

You don't set which folders are included in your library per se.  You import files from a location or locations, and then you can move them from within MB to a new location or not.  Your files are included in your library, not a specific folder or group of folders.

decard

File->Scan Folders for New Files.

You don't set which folders are included in your library per se.  You import files from a location or locations, and then you can move them from within MB to a new location or not.  Your files are included in your library, not a specific folder or group of folders.

hmmm. not sure that addresses my issue - which is how to EXCLUDE Folders that MB is currently including in Library?

frankz

Your files are included in your library, not a specific folder or group of folders.
Again, folders are not included in (or excluded from) your library.  You have music files in your library.  These files are in folders.  If you remove the files from your library, the folders they are in, by definition, are no longer represented in your library.

Is there a language barrier at play here? What exactly are you trying to do or undo?

Música

Welcome to the forum, decard; I think I can relate to this, if not help your installation or respond directly. I recently found that indeed I could not delete/erase/"EXCLUDE" the C drive reference/location from the Edit Preferences/Library/monitored folders box on my Surface Pro installation [I could no longer fit my collection in my 256Gb Surface Pro C drive and now had/have to reference D, a "removable" drive, instead (its SD card slot)]. I decided to finally uninstall and reinstall MB, and on re-installation I was able to set D:\Music as my library folder in that monitor box to be scanned. There may well have been more efficient or direct ways to resolve my issue, frankz, but I couldn't find it. (All this references MB Installer versions, in case this matters.) Good luck resolving your issue, decard.

frankz

He said he *could* find the monitored folder settings in his original post so I don't see how your response, Música, is germane.

My answer to the question that was actually asked is the correct answer.  Your library folders are the folders where the music files in your library sit. Moving all files out of a folder or deleting all files in a folder will remove that folder from your library.

Música

I was not countering or correcting you, frankz.

I responded, merely "related" to, his or her "how to EXCLUDE..." follow-up plea; which I should have quoted -that's how; but, that's why I qualified my response in the first sentence. I noted that I could not EXCLUDE either, or couldn't figure how as a still-learning Jr. Member.

I yield to your much more experienced reading of members' actual asks.  ;)

decard

Welcome to the forum, decard; I think I can relate to this, if not help your installation or respond directly. I recently found that indeed I could not delete/erase/"EXCLUDE" the C drive reference/location from the Edit Preferences/Library/monitored folders box on my Surface Pro installation . I decided to finally uninstall and reinstall MB, and on re-installation I was able to set D:\Music as my library folder in that monitor box to be scanned. There may well have been more efficient or direct ways to resolve my issue, frankz, but I couldn't find it. (All this references MB Installer versions, in case this matters.) Good luck resolving your issue, decard.

yes. if i understand you, this is my issue ... before i understood how MB seems to work, i initially added all these Folders, which were not my main music folders,m and now it seems i am stuck with them, unless i reinstall

karbock

If MusicBee initially scanned folders that you no longer want to be included in your library, you have two possibilities.

Option A
  • Keep the unwanted folders in the list of monitored folders.
  • As frankz proposed, move those folders or their content to another location (not included in the monitored folders), or rename the folder names (by appending a suffix such as .EXCLUDE, for example).
  • Rescan the monitored folders.
    -> All the unwanted tracks will be removed from your library.
  • Afterwards, you can remove the unwanted folders from the list of monitored folders and, if needed, move back the audio tracks to their original locations (or reset the original folder names).

Option B
  • Remove the unwanted folders from the list of monitored folders.
  • In the main panel, select view "Tracks"
  • Add "Path" to the displayed fields and sort on it.
  • Select the tracks of the unwanted folders and delete them. After hitting [Del], make sure you select "Delete from library only".

frankz

I yield to your much more experienced reading of members' actual asks.  ;)
Yeah, I guess I got a little snippy there.  Sorry about that.

decard

If MusicBee initially scanned folders that you no longer want to be included in your library, you have two possibilities.

Option A
  • Keep the unwanted folders in the list of monitored folders.
  • As frankz proposed, move those folders or their content to another location (not included in the monitored folders), or rename the folder names (by appending a suffix such as .EXCLUDE, for example).
  • Rescan the monitored folders.
    -> All the unwanted tracks will be removed from your library.
  • Afterwards, you can remove the unwanted folders from the list of monitored folders and, if needed, move back the audio tracks to their original locations (or reset the original folder names).

Option B
  • Remove the unwanted folders from the list of monitored folders.
  • In the main panel, select view "Tracks"
  • Add "Path" to the displayed fields and sort on it.
  • Select the tracks of the unwanted folders and delete them. After hitting [Del], make sure you select "Delete from library only".

excellent
many thanks