Author Topic: Musicbee random "high" CPU usage.  (Read 1190 times)

SpirosG

Tried to update, uninstall and reinstall the NET.framework but it didn't help.

SpirosG

Any idea on what this could be?

From what i observe clr.dll is usually being triggered during the searches.
Except the percentage of the CPU that gets "locked" to it, Delta cycles are also enormous.
Through procexp i can suspend this and it doesn't seem to affect musicbee in any way when i do it.

Steven

• Administrator
if you want to keep using MB, i think you are going to need to split your library into two - even 1 million tracks if pushing the limits of what I had in mind with MB

SpirosG

if you want to keep using MB, i think you are going to need to split your library into two - even 1 million tracks if pushing the limits of what I had in mind with MB

Thank you for the advice Steven.
I hope that it will be possible to avoid that as it wont help my workflow.
After some further investigation i believe it may be somehow connected with another problem i lately have Topic: Musicbee is auto-exporting playlists without changes. Suspending the thread responsible for the high CPU usage appears to be blocking or stopping the playlists from auto-exporting when Musicbee exits. If I resume the thread, MusicBee starts to auto-export the playlists again. Once the auto-exporting process is finished, the high CPU usage problem disappears.

Steven

• Administrator
MB will export all export enabled auto-playlists when anything in the musicbee session changes, including non-obvious things like playcount or rating changes.
Again because of the huge number of tracks in your library, loading each auto-playlist will use a lot of cpu