Author Topic: "Remove cue sheet" option is gone!  (Read 552 times)

Skakner

Hello everybody!

With right click, there was this option.

The problem is that MusicBee can't play the tracks 1-3. It goes straight to track 4.
This is happening because of the cue sheet. I've seen it many times.
With cue sheet removed, the problem was solved.
Now what?
How can I remove a cue sheet?

MusicBee version 3.4.7805 P

Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 11:21:14 AM by Skakner

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't use cue sheets,  but the first thing to try would be to update to the latest 3.5 version available from the first forum topic.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

karbock

I confirm that context menu entry "Remove Cuesheet" is available in the latest 3.5 version.

@Skakner:
I suppose that you have checked with Windows file explorer whether a cuesheet is present for the concerned tracks and its content is accurate (FILE, TRACK, INDEX).

Skakner

Thanks for the answers!

I will follow your advice to switch from 3.4 Portable, to 3.5 installed.
Just a question:
What does the Settings snapshot contain?
I'm concerned about the Layout, the Library, the Custom Tags, the Playlists (and perhaps something else that I forget right now).

phred

• Global Moderator
Why are you switching from Installer to Portable? Just download the patch update from my signature below and stay on Portable.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

karbock

What does the Settings snapshot contain?
It is a snapshot copy of AppData\MusicBee3Settings.ini, nothing more, nothing less.
The other parameters you mentioned (Layout, the Library, the Custom Tags, the Playlists) are stored elsewhere, see details here.

Skakner

Why are you switching from Installer to Portable? Just download the patch update from my signature below and stay on Portable.

I didn't know that! Very useful!!  :)
The only reason I want to go to full installation, is the updates.

Just to make things clear.
I keep all files from the portable folder and I replace only the files of the patch.
For instance:
bass_mpc.dll (only in Portable folder) -  keep in Portable folder
bass_adx.dll (only in patch) -  copy to Portable folder
bass_alac.dll (both in Portable folder and in Patch) - replace in Portable folder

Am I getting it right?

karbock

(...)
The only reason I want to go to full installation, is the updates.
(...)
Am I getting it right?

No... Switching to the installed version won't change anything as far as updates are concerned: the patches can be applied to both the portable and the installed version, the same way.
And the portable version is more convenient when backing up data: everything is hosted in one folder tree, instead of several for the installed version.

A tip for synchronising folders (or folder trees) of two different sources:
freeware 'FreeCommander' has a synchronisation feature.

Skakner

The "Am I getting it right?" goes to this...

1. bass_mpc.dll (only in Portable folder) - keep in Portable folder
2. bass_adx.dll (only in patch) - copy to Portable folder
3. bass_alac.dll (both in Portable folder and in Patch) - replace in Portable folder.

The synchronisation software, from my experience, will delete the file 1, copy-paste the file 2, and replace the file 3.
So, after synchronisation, bass_mpc.dll will be gone from current portable folder.

Is this what we want?

frankz

You just take the files in the patch and drop them into the folder for your portable installation.  Anything that's already in your portable installation should remain there.  Nothing should be gone from the portable folder after applying the patch.  If a file isn't in the patch ZIP,  that just means there's no update to it, not that it's not needed any more.

karbock

The synchronisation software, from my experience, will delete the file 1, copy-paste the file 2, and replace the file 3.
So, after synchronisation, bass_mpc.dll will be gone from current portable folder.

Is this what we want?

frankz' method is the simplest.

As for FreeCommander's syncing, it's highly configurable.
You can select what to do for each of these 4 categories:
  • files present only in the left panel: ignore / copy / delete
  • files present only in the right panel: ignore / copy / delete
  • files which are more recent in the left panel: ignore / overwrite other file
  • files which are more recent in the right panel: ignore / overwrite other file

Moreover, you can refine your choice at file level (ignore / copy to the left / copy to the right).

FreeCommander is a dual-pane file manager/viewer with native support for compressed archives (ZIP/ARJ/...), which can be treated as folders.

Skakner

Perfectly understood!

Thank you all for your time!
 :)