Author Topic: cross fade or remove silence in the dsp for the live albums ,please  (Read 600 times)

gaiastar

Hi
I have ripped Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous with Musicbee and with Eac and I gave a shot to dBpoweramp cd ripper , ripped in mp3 lame last version 320kb and AAC (itunes qaac 256kb)

with audacity i have checked the files and in some tracks there is an amount of silence at the beginning of some tracks , not all the songs
This did happen with several live

I can hear the silence between the tracks , would be great have a cross fade in the Dsp with some options like fade duration and about  remove silence some options , at least this will let some albums live and not play better for many users
it's very annoying listen some albums , can't use always an audio editor , and many users can't use and don't know how do it
musicbee is the best audio player for windows
thanks , take care
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

hiccup

So the silences are there when ripped both with EAC, dBpoweramp and MusicBee.
So there is a problem with that CD or with your CD drive.

If you are already using Audacity it is very simple to remove the unwanted silences.
why not just do that?
That seems the logical thing to do, and is a lot simpler compared to asking for MusicBee to have some 'ripping fading' feature—that would not even be a good solution for simulating gapless—for a specific problem you are having with your CD or optical drive.
Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:24:57 AM by hiccup

gaiastar

So the silences are there when ripped both with EAC, dBpoweramp and MusicBee.
So there is a problem with that CD or with your CD drive.

If you are already using Audacity it is very simple to remove the unwanted silences.
why not just do that?
That seems the logical thing to do, and is a lot simpler compared to asking for MusicBee to have some 'ripping fading' feature—that would not even be a good solution for simulating gapless—for a specific problem you are having with your CD or optical drive.
Hi
i mean crossfade and remove silence for the player
musicbee has some dsp effect like the screenshot , would be great have in the list a crossfade (maybe with some option) and remove silence (maybe with some option)
thanks , hope i was clear ,english is not my native language sorry

gaiastar

Hi
I don't want to double the same question , but may I ask 1 question and a request?
Selected an album -> edit ->setting

1) here could be added maybe some crossfading setting or silence settings

2) these settings are saved in tag or musicbee database?
thanks

hiccup

I still think it would be better if you tried to solve the origins of your non-gapless issue.

Have you seen and tried the 'skip silence' buttons that are shown in your screenshot?

I believe most settings in that panel will be stored in the libarary, but not all of them.
It may also depend on the file format. E.g. if I am not mistaken 'volume adjustment' will get saved in the library file for FLAC, but in the file itself for MP3.