Author Topic: Any Virtual Tag to make MB to only display the guest artist name next 2 theSong?  (Read 264 times)

ElArtista

• yeah, i like music...
Hi! I need help with a virtual tag that changes the way the Artists Names are displayed next to the Song Title, i would like to hide the Album Artist name that appears again without erasing it from the "ARTIST" tag, I think it has something to do with the Virtual Tags, replacing the Default "Title" tag  with a Virtual Tag or something, but, being honest, I had no idea how to do that lol, and i'll be glad if you guys can help me.

Adding to that I would like to know if there's a way to replace the "[]" that appear beside the song title with a "()" and the ";" between every guest artist with a simple "," like this: (I know already that i can edit the "ARTIST" tag and replace the ";" with a comma but if i do that MB will not classify it like individual artists)
I.E: "Tiffany Blews [Fall Out Boy; Lil Wayne; Alexander DeLeon]" >to> "Tiffany Blews (Lil Wayne, Alexander DeLeon)"

I want to change this:

To something like this (excuse my bad skills of editing in paint lol):

karbock

Hello ElArtista, and welcome to the forum.

As you have already guessed, you can define a Virtual Tag for that purpose.
(1) Define virtual tag MyDisplayTitle with this formula:
<Title>$If(<Artists>=<Album Artist>,,{contrast: 60}"        ("$Replace($Replace(<Artists>,<Album Artist>"; ",),;,",")")")

(2) Configure the Albums view to display MyDisplayTitle instead of Title (Display).

----------------------------
Details:
(1)
* Open the Virtual Tag editor (Ctrl+O -> Tab 'Tags (1)' -> Button '[Define new tags...]').
* In the 2nd table, define MyDisplayTitle.
(2)
In the main panel:
* Click on panel header 'Albums'.
* Select 'Customise panel'.
* Under '[v] show the tracks for the selected album or artist:',
   next to '(o) directly ...', click on button '[Show settings]'.
* Under 'fields displayed', replace 'Title (Display)' by your newly created 'MyDisplayTitle' and [Save].
Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 12:37:51 PM by karbock

ElArtista

• yeah, i like music...
Thank you so much! It works great, this formula it's kinda useful. I also managed editing the formula to show the "feat." word beside the guest artists names:

<Title>$If(<Artists>=<Album Artist>,,{contrast: 50}"    (feat. "$Replace($Replace(<Artists>,<Album Artist>"; ",),;,",")")")

Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 09:25:00 PM by ElArtista