Author Topic: how to change pausedicon?  (Read 235 times)

Yakumo

Now I am using Dracula skin,but the bottom area don`t support playerautocolor.
I add a xml file to set playerautocolor true,unfortunatly, the bottom ares icons display incorrectly.
I change the icon,but it can`t work.
the xml file content  is as follows:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="Dracula.xmlc">
<settings>

<element id="PlayerAutoColor">true</element>
<element id="PlayerAutoColorUsingStandardSkinRules">true</element>//if false,the volume bar button display incorrectly
<element id="PlayerInfoCentered">true</element>

</settings>

<images> //can`t work
<element id="PlayingIcon.Default">Images\Controls\ButtonPlay.png</element>
<element id="PlayingIcon.Highlight">Images\Controls\ButtonPlayHighlight.png</element>
<element id="PausedIcon.Default">Images\Controls\ButtonPause.png</element>
<element id="PausedIcon.Highlight">Images\Controls\ButtonPauseHighlight.png</element>
</images>

</root>
I am a Newbie,please help me😭!

hiccup

I am guessing you are trying to create a piggy back skin.
Piggy back skins will work fine for changing colour values (rgb) of elements, but changing images is a very different story.
These image elements contain base64 encoding code. Not links to actual image files, as you are trying to do.

So you could try base64 encoding your images and put the resulting code in the skinning elements. (instead of image links)
I'm not sure if that will work for piggy back skins though. Never tried it.

edit:
Just in case you are open to more confusion on this and are willing to go down the rabbit hole:
Try changing 'loved' icons.
Changing rgb values for some 'love' related elements is possible and will work, but for others it won't.
Or they may seem to work in one particular view, and then they don't work in another view.
Enjoy the ride... ;-)
Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:39:52 PM by hiccup

Yakumo

I am guessing you are trying to create a piggy back skin.
Piggy back skins will work fine for changing colour values (rgb) of elements, but changing images is a very different story.
These image elements contain base64 encoding code. Not links to actual image files, as you are trying to do.

So you could try base64 encoding your images and put the resulting code in the skinning elements. (instead of image links)
I'm not sure if that will work for piggy back skins though. Never tried it.

edit:
Just in case you are open to more confusion on this and are willing to go down the rabbit hole:
Try changing 'loved' icons.
Changing rgb values for some 'love' related elements is possible and will work, but for others it won't.
Or they may seem to work in one particular view, and then they don't work in another view.
Enjoy the ride... ;-)
Sorry,I have tried this way,it can`t work.Just display as follows:

There is no change.

hiccup

Sorry,I have tried this way,it can`t work.
Then it will be your best bet to see if you can find the source files for the skin and create your own compiled (.xmlc) version.